Light sensitivity

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had Sjogren's for 48 years. I live in Melbourne, Australia, in a house with all big windows across my living room which faces west. I have let my garden grow abundantly to block out the light (and heat) and had at the left a high gum stump covered with ivy that cut out both magnificently. Two days ago it fell down. Now the light is ferocious and I have to block the windows all afternoon. Even so, I find my dry eyes are so sore that I am miserable for most of the day. Has anyone found a way of relieving this? Special glasses? I live alone with no relatives in my state and looking out on my garden has been one of the few joys left to me in a life dominated by pain of one kind or another. I would appreciate anything anyone can suggest.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Maureen, I really feel for you. I had Lasik a very long time ago and had eye plugs to make me tear. You can try Googling punctual eye plugs for dry eyes. I am having more problems with lack of saliva for which I take Pilocarpine. I hope this helps. Blessings, donna********

• Posted

Dear Maureen,

Try googling punctual plugs for dry eyes; I had temporary ones when I had lasik done on my eyes. The have ones that last longer for people with Sjogren's. I am not too sure about the cost and I live in the USA. Blessings, donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.