light sensitivity

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone here have light sensitivity?

I feel tired in the day time.

I feel better at night.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello purplelady, yes I am very sensitive to light and prefer it darker always.

• Posted

this is one of the scourges of SS. I carry overglasses in my handbag, plus another in the car. I have a drop down additional tinted visor in the car. carry eye drops with me everywhere. The dry eyes cause I suppose. Fluorescent lights overhead & directly overhead ceiling lights in halls are the worst for me. Sunlight can be a no-no too!

No cure, just management, I'm afraid.

• Posted

OMG, absolutely yes. That is me. I having crushing fatigue and weakness all day until way up in the evening and then I begin to have some energy to do things, like clean house, go to the store or walk on my treadmill ( sometimes as late as even 3:00 am). It would be impossible for me to walk on the treadmill during the daytime, even after getting plenty of sleep, it makes no difference. I basically feel like total crap all day, until dark. I have just learned to go with the flow and make the best of the times I feel good enough to do things. Those that don't understand, I no longer care what they think because I know, if they felt like me, they would do the same. We are not weak, we are just trying to survive. I have always been a night owl but I could function during the day until I went into menopause and then got all the wonderful Sjogren's Syndrome symptoms. The fatigue, burning back and leg pain, brain fog and stabbing eye pain and dryness are the worst. After the onset of these symptoms, it seems the only time I ever have enough energy to do anything, is in the late evening or night. I have yet to meet anyone else who feels like me, especially in regard to their energy levels. Any ideas why we are this way?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.