Lightheaded and dizzy for 3 days, can’t get out of bed. Please! Help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I have been lightheaded for 3 days. I can’t get out of bed and I can’t even have a conversation with anyone.

It has come to the point of being sick and need to throw up. It all cane after this Thursday I have been driving for 14 hours, 1300km. Then I was a little lightheaded and dizzy, now it is even worse.

In the last two days I slept 6-7 h per night and have been laying all day.. 

I have low blood pressure, which sometimes drops to 80/60 - at which point I am close to fainting. But this is a very different sensation. I literally have to grab to chairs, table etc - while walking.

I also experience bad itching in both of my ears for the past week. (I had an ear infection 3 weeks ago - took antibiotics and it passed). So I figured this itching is as a consequence of the infection.

I also have generalized anxiety disorder.

This is really one of the worst things I have experienced.

Anyone know what this is about? Any advice?

Thank you! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, in march I was told I had labrynthitis and nystagmus caused by a viral cold that I had 2 weeks prior. The ears play a big role in your balance, so you still may have the remnants of the cold. They can't really see the inner ear (labrynth) unless you've had an mri or ct. I've had both because my symptoms lasted till now. So many people on here have these symptoms and docs say it's anxiety. This crap caused anxiety for me. I'm startin to feel a but better, but stI'll have the off balance days. An inner ear issue matched with your already existing anxiety, can do numbers on the balance system. I've been through sooo many tests aND stI'll currently am, amd they can't find anything.

If it was caused by your cold or even the antibiotocs, it can take sometime for this to go away. I couldn't even drive except to local stores. And grocery stores were the worst. I hope you feel better soon! Some meds they prescribe for dizzyness only make the recovery longer, so do your research of they do prescribe you something.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply!

Yes i think with me this may be anxiety. Because i was living in a different country for 2 months and i came back - and i am horrible with adjustments and changes. 

I have Betaserc 24mg at home but it takes up to a month for it to start working. But i dont wish to take it because it makes addiction. 

I just hope it passes soon.. it is really uncomfortable 😢

I hope you get better too😊

• Posted

I'm a sufferer have been for 3 years now .....I have bouts every now and then....I have been seen privately and had an MRI Scan and have been diagnosed with Meneines desease with vertigo and tinnitus ....my Consultant said that Meneies desease can go on vacation but comes back!!!! I have been free of it for 9 months ....then like he said it came back.....I feel unbalanced and woozy.....someone told me about CBD Oil which I am going to try......research it on the internet....it is supposed to really help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.