Lightheaded, fatigued and migraines after gallbladder removal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I had my gallbladder removed 9 weeks ago, along with the awful nausea I've had since the surgery, has anyone experienced waking up lightheaded and with heart palpitations also I have pressure in my head and keep getting migraines or headaches every day. Its really hard to focus and I feel fatigued. I am eating despite the nausea and try to drink a lot of water. Any help with this or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

"lightheaded and with heart palpitations also I have pressure in my head and keep getting migraines or headaches every day. Its really hard to focus and I feel fatigued".

ive felt the same for 4 months total since my gallbladder removal 12 months ago.

nowdays I feel much better, but not 100%

• Posted

what happened after the 4 months? you started eating normally? what made it get better?

• Edited

Hi Donnie,

I'm glad you are better now. Your symptoms like mine lasted 4 months? Did you feel that way all day or just in the mornings? Mine has been lasting all day. constant pressure in my head and lightheaded. Did anything help it? Thank you for your response. 😃

• Posted

I had mine out 6 weeks ago and for the last 4 weeks have been waking up with headaches and palpitations as if my BP is raised just put it down to my body readjusting, it's just starting to settle down a bit and get back to normal. I take tablets for BP anyway but if it continues maybe worth seeing your doctor for a check up

• Posted

Hi Sammie,

Thank you for your response! Did you or do you have any other symptoms after the gallbladder surgery, such as nausea and stomach pain?

• Posted

Omg! This is exactly what I'm dealing with minus the nausea and I'm 9 weeks post op . I know its been a couple years now but did you ever get through that or find out why you were experiencing it ?

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out Dec 11th and feel the exact same way!. I even get right sided rib pain

• Posted

What did any of you do for your symptoms? My 13yo daughter had her gallbladder taken out Dec 14 and by mid January she was experiencing nausea, headaches, lightheadedness, dizziness, and heart palpitations. She now on preventatives for migraines and we are awaiting results from a heart monitor she wore.

• Posted

Hi guys! I notice I get heart palpitations and dizziness when I eat and then bloat. I'm 4 weeks post lap chole. I was attributing it to the vagus nerve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.