Lightheaded for 6 months!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Posting to a few groups...

Hi please help me.

I’m a 21 year old female and I’ve been having this pressure in my head and foggy brain for 6 months. It all started when I got back from Europe (I should note that I did go on a cruise to Mexico a few weeks before and some say this could all be MDDS... but I didn’t even get sea sick and I am not dizzy— I’m lightheaded). I was fine, and 3 days later I got the flu. I was in bed for 20 hours and couldn’t move. Ever since that day, I had a weird feeling like everything I looked at wasn’t real. Or as if there was a film between me and world. The typical feeling you have during the flu (or at least I do). Two months later is when the real stuff began. I got some good news from a friend about a party, and during my celebratory dance, the lightheadedness/faintness just hit me. It was so weird because before then, the only time I ever experienced lightheadedness was if I got up too fast from laying down. I went to primary care low vit D and B-12. Started supplements and B-12 shots. Then moved from southeast (Georgia) to Albuquerque and it all got so much worse (Altitude I’m assuming). Got mri, ct scan, eeg, ver, baer, blood work and no alarming things in the results. They said I had sinusitis, but after weeks of Allegra and Flonase, that was gone. And I’m still left with the debilating lightheadedness. Sometimes it’s hard to even leave the house because I feel so faint and out of it. I will say, when I visited Florida for a few days, I felt a little relief, but not 100%. I’ve stated acupuncture and he has me taking the Buplereum & Tang Kuei Formula supplement and the Blood Palace Formula supplement. It’s only been 2 weeks of that, so I don’t have real results yet. Every day i wake up and i hope it’s all gone and cleared up like a cold, but after about half an hour, i feel that woozy feeling in my head again and i have to try to power through. I should also say that I have lots of blood work and no doctor detects sickle cell or lupus.

Has ANYONE been through the same thing and have found answers? I’m desperate!!!! I work long hours and I love my job. I want to be able to enjoy life without being miserable everyday. Please help!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Google  Kleine  Levin Syndrome. Some of your symptoms are spot on....especially following travel and illness. It’s rare and very few doctors know much if anything about- so receiving an accurate diagnosis without Being pointed in the right direction can be a real challenge. following our daughter’s diagnosis we have met many with KLS.

Again I strongly suggest you look into.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Traci. Is there any medication that helped with the lightheadedness for your daughter? 
  • Posted

I wanted to come back here and say that I went to a chiropractor, and he realigned me from my knees to my neck. I felt some relief from the lightheadedness for a day, but then it came back. 
  • Posted

I've just gotten back from the ENT (yes still feeling lightheaded) and she has diagnosed me with PPPD which is persistent postural perceptual dizziness! FINALLY A DIAGNOSIS!!!! I cant believe there is finally an answer out there. If you are suffering from the same symptoms as me, please ask your doctor about PPPD!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.