lightheaded24/7 ..... my life allmost stopped ... any help ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone , am new here ... am a female 29 years old , am normally healthy , my story started almost 2 months ago . In October I gave birth to a sweet angel , after 12 days of giving birth I discovered I had gallbladder stones , the pain was severe that i rushed to the ER . I had to wait 6 weeks before having the surgery , doctor said I have to wait this long after giving birth before I can have surgery , during those weeks I was suffering from pain every now and then , after surgery am ok and pain has gone ... my problem started when I was once in the ER  , I started feeling my head very heavy and since then this heavy feeling never went away ... not only is my head heavy but am lightheaded 24/7 , my eyes go blurry , am sensitive to light and I have tinnitus mainly at night when I go to bed . I also feel very faint , I feel I might loose conscious at any time . I checked my eyes and they are ok . I had a head CT and its ok too . But you can tell am too depressed am either crying or sleeping , I only wake up when my baby needs mde , and my worst nightmare is fainting when holding her .. am no more worried about myself but am worried about the baby . I have no longer any appetiite , going out even crossing the street has become a nightmare with the lightheadness I have . Did anyone ever experience this , what shall I do , please help me am desperate ... Tomorrow I have an appointement with an ENT , am hoping he\ll find sth because if not I dunno what to do then ... could it be a tumor or anxiety ?am I ever goin to be fine again ... I need support plz :_( 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Many of us on this website experience the same symptoms. We have seen ENTs, neurologists and no answers. I would suggest according to a doctor that confers with us on his own that you see a Neurotologist. I'm looking for one in my area that will take my insurance. By the way the doctor that trys to help us on here is a neurotologist I think in Boston, USA. Hope you find answers.

• Posted

Dear Susan , tomorrow I ll see the ENT and I ll start looking for a Neurontologist as well .... I hope we all get answers soon ... please update me if anythin happens with u ... all the best!!
  • Posted

It sounds to me as if some of this is hormonal. Maybe post partum blues. It's very common in women after childbirth. Seek help from a gynecologist who may put you on bcp's to help regulate your hormones

I worked in ob/gyn where it's normal to feel a little down in the beginning but it doesn't sound as if you're getting better. Hope this helps a little.

• Posted

Hello Sochima ... thnx for replying ... my gyno said she doubts hormones may cause dizzines 24/7 ... but she also thinks am having some post partum blues , however she doesnt want to give me any medication now before the real reason of my symptoms is diagnosed dont really know why .... just hope I can have a proper diagnosis soon sad

• Posted

Hey, sorry to hear about your problems. i also had problems with my gallbladder, they said there were no stones, but i have a lazy gallblader. Had no apetite and had to cut off fats from my diet. So i think it's a good ideea to cut off bad fats, drink plenty of water, reduce salt and cofeine if it's the case. I could also look for a vitamin deficiency(b12/d). Do you have neck pain sometimes? Or a recent flu/infection?

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hey Clausa , I already had my gallbladee removed , a month ago and now am not on a diet anymore , I eat everything but I dont drink water a lot ....I have no B12 deficiency , I used to have neck pain when I was breastfeeding , now that I stopped pain is gone ... no recent infection as well .... I really hope we all feel better soon !
  • Posted

Do you have migraine episodes, with or without the vertigo?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hello Dr. Thnx for your concern , no , not really ... sometimes I have pain behind my right eye but this is very rare ... happened maybe only once in 2 months ..
    • Posted

You may have Meniere's Disease.  Mention this possibility to your ENT doctor tomorrow.  You can mention my name to him also.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Thanks a lot Dr. I will mention it to him tomorrow .... I ll also update you with what happens if you dont mind ... really appreciate it!
    • Posted

I usually write down symptoms, questions . Usually by the time I get to the docs office, the car ride has me so dizzy I can't think straight.

• Posted

Dear Waffalobill , I totally understand ... I stopped driving even bcuz I feel like fainting all the time , I ll ask my ENT to refer me to a neurotologist asap!
    • Posted

I figured he may be able to steer you in the right direction. Neurotologist is a specialty kind of doc. Around here they are very few and far between. Why I had to travel a hour and a half to get to one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.