lightheadedness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was diagnosed with BPPV as stated in a previous post have seem to have lost the very bad spinninh attacks but just feel light headed most of the time but some days feel 90% better then back to lightnead again is this normal 7 weeks into this hell now!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve ,sorry you've got this problem it's a nightmare ,I've had this now for 3 yrs ,I'm no further on to getting it resolved ,have you got neck ache. Lots have that with it .

I've tried everything I know ,but still got it .Know your not on your own ,don't help you any ,but there's lot with it out there and don't know why .

• Posted

no i havnt got nech ache just a light head and sometimes feel all congested
    • Posted

Need to get the congestion sorted ,maybe eustation tubes are at the base of your troubles,after all .they say chewing gum has helped some ,give that a try ,menthol gum .try anything know I do .within reason that is ,So no neck ache/ pain ,that's good to hear .As I said earlier lots of us have neck issues connected to ours  then it's ears / balance and head allergies sinus probs .if you can try Sudafed ,if not on meds ,check with a chemist first I would always .
  • Posted

Hi Steve

Its not very nice and frightening isn't it, I had my first spinning sensation about 2 years ago, used the Eply Manouver and all was ok, recently I have been having more and more, but I think I have an ear infection which can be the cause,

• Posted

Hi Steve after my initial 2 bouts of BPPV my balance was shot to pieces for over a month, gradually it has returned but spent months feeling i was having trouble focusing my eyes and dizzy getting out of car etc., A year on feel improved but still have off days.  Your 90% improvement after 7 weeks is good recovery, hope you have a speedy recovery, it depends on each individual and possibly age of onset and how quickly you can compensate to make the adjustment.

• Posted

Hiya Anne  how did hair day go ? 

My ears are screaming ,been bad since I picked up a bug few weeks back ,They've been so high ,that's made balance far worse .all this is head based not got clue as to why ,like you .pushes anxiety button up a notch ,when balance and tinnitus really off ,same goes for the neck ache .

I did try Stemital last week ,only the once ,but boy did that send the tinnitus and headache off. Won't try that again ,got to be an ingredient that don't suit .get the same from antihistamines to .No word from Darren .

• Posted

Hi Marlene, everyone really liked it and were asking 'can i touch it'.  Our consultant said she had some questions she wanted to ask me about it, so may be thinking of getting one herself.  I only worse it that day because kept thinking it might fall off.  I will keep it for holidays abroad when i have a really 'bad hair' day and need to go out somewhere.

Sorry to hear your tinnitus is turned up to high volume.  My neck has been so much improved on Naproxen but it can only be taken short term as could affect kidney function.  What can you do, find a treatment that works and then have to stop it incase it gives you another problem.

Onwards and upwards.

• Posted

should read 'i only wore it that day'.

• Posted

You must have looked good in it Anne .maybe it could catch on false hair. If it makes you feel good ,go for it ,think in menopause ,women loose a lot of hair ,thins out .Hormones hence why men go bald . I've been lucky in the hair department .about only thing not affected .

I'll look into Naproxen  I'm on Losartan ,so I've got to be careful in what's okay to take ,that's something else that's a pain. Juggling act .Cant take Sudafed ,but they say best thing for sinuses .all these things that interact .i always check things over the counter with the pharmacist ,it's okay with my BP ,yea don't want more probs .Onwards and upwards ,get through another off balance and tinny day .Stay warm  feet up ,work tomorrow for you .

• Posted

Hi Marlene, Naproxen is pain relief similar to Ibuprofen NSAID.  It has worked really well for my pain in shoulder which is allegedly due to pinched nerve caused by my neck.  Since my neck has improved on this medication so my dizziness has lessened so think that's more than a coincidence.  I have also been referred for physio but will probably see how things go as i think it was physio that worsened my neck/back problem and started the balance problem, so won't want to go back for more of that. 

• Posted

Good bit of info there Anne ,I will definatley give those a try. Never had them ,if it's helped out your neck ,strange how we've got these necks ,you ,me ,Gillian ,Darren .i had those 2 bones pushed back in ,but still get neck ache ,,so will try what you says helped ,how have they been with the tinnitus ? Any spikes ? I think physios ,osteopaths ,chiropractors can do loads of harm ,who checks them ? Sets you thinking that's for sure. Has me Anne ,I question everything to do with me and mine in what I take or have done ,can't always go backwards and undo what's been done ,if it's been wrong in the first place .
    • Posted

Marlene, i think you can only get Naproxen on prescription from your GP and they can cause kidney damage if used long term and are difficult to take if you have indigestion as are very hard on the stomach lining and can cause stomach ulcers and have all kinds of side effects, so be careful.   You can discuss it with your GP.

My tinniuts hasn't been too bad lately but mine was caused by a head injury 18 years ago and is in my left ear like a swarm of buzzing bees and is there all the time, sometimes louder than other days but since taking the pain relief  does seem quieter.

• Posted

Not seen Dr since last Feb Anne  lovely female Dr ,maybe need to go have a chat ,can't fault her as my primary Dr ,and another female one I've seen in the past  both good listeners ,which is to my benifit I believe .

No cure for tinnitus ,but live in hopes some bright ones out there will find it .not good phone day today ,where ears are so loud  how you cope doing your job with having the tinnitus heaven only knows ,I couldn't ,my husband answers our phone on my worst of days .How do you manage ? Or probably case of having to ,but it's so distracting for me ,over rides any conversation .

• Posted

I mishear people a lot and have to ask them to repeat themselves.  The phine is the worst as at least face to face i can lip read quite well.  I've thought of getting a hearing aid as i'm having to turn the telly up so loud lately.

• Posted

Good point about hearing aids Anne  I'm on a site think I told you about ,they say often about hearing aids ,now you have ,wonder if that would help balance at same time .? my family are good when on phone as they know my problem and T ,it's other callers on bad day. Just ask them to lower their voice down .once they know you have hearing issue .Got to do what you got to ,I do as I'm living daily with it .

I've got maskers ,but irritate me more .didnt help my balance as I'd hoped they would .Anne .audiologist had T ,so she understood my T and Balance prob .I keep noise in background ,don't ever stay in complete silence ,only when I go to bed .TV I keep equal to my T ,it's a distraction basically for me .

My husband has T got deafness one ear,like you Anne he lip reads .

• Posted

yea have only suffered balance issues after violent dizzy spells actually ended up in hospital once as felt like me head was to heavy to support and was all over the place they thought at the time it was labrynthitis  very strange day that was

Thats why  i questioned  there later diagnosis of BPPV

• Posted

Anne thought I'd send you this came from Gillian to me ,she went to Hsp and found this Put up Embalance  this looks interesting ,have a read 

My ears low today ,gone inwards ,driving me nuts day .

Let's know to this Embalance /Imbalance  looks fair bit on it .

Gillian got a lot from this new ENT ,lot more tests done ,took there time no rushing ,now getting another MRI done .hope they come up with a result for Gill ,maybe get our answer to .

• Posted

Yes hope Gillian gets some answers and some action that helps her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.