Lightheadedness

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone help me? I have been suffering from lightheadedness every day for about a year. It is starting to happen every day, and it comes and goes. I have had ekgs , blood count workups, and an mri a few months i started suffering from it. I have no other symptoms . When i get lightheaded, i feellike i am going to faint but i never do. I do not have anxiety issues or any trauma. I am otherwise a healthy person. I did have bronchitis around the time it started happening and another online doctor told me i may have viral encephalitis from the bronchitis sickness...

What else could it be? Anyone got an idea? Im afraid that i will die from this

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Try to relax. I have been light headed for 8 yrs and I am still here. try to ignore it. Since you already had blood tests and I assume they checked your Magnesium, iron, and B12 levels ( and if not they should ) You may want to consider going to an ENT to check your ears. You can also have a cervical x ray done by a chiropractor to see if your C1 and C2 are not out of place. That is what I am going through now. I was in a car accident many yrs ago and they believe this messed up my C1 and C2. I just started treatment. You can also look into SCM muscle issues and trigger point and she if they is the issue. 
    • Posted

What treatments are you having done for your issues?  I know at one time you were doing Botox, I believe. Are you seeing a upper cervical Chiropractor?
    • Posted

Wow terry, that was a while ago. The problem with going to doctors is they all think they know what your problem is and since you are desperate for an answer you will do anything they tell you. I am going to a cervical chiro now. We took x rays and I can see in the x ray that my C1 is pointing up a bit and my C2 is turned to the left a little so I hope this is the root of my problems. I had 1 adjustment and my neck felt much better. The dizziness is still there but I can't expect miracles. I go back for my 2nd adjustment today. How are you doing?

• Posted

My baseline is usually 90% to 95% recovered. I’ve had a couple of bad weeks recently. Not sure if it’s allergies causing it or barometric pressure changes. No doubt that the neck plays a role in this. Just would be nice to have some medical confirmation on what the actual cause is.  As you say though each medical professional thinks it’s something different. 
    • Posted

I think that time is the major healer.  I tried several things so, I cannot say that any one particular thing helped any more than another.  I can still have a spatial feeling in stores and as I mentioned allergies and barometric pressure changes can cause symptoms to resurface.
  • Posted

I’m having the exact same issue for 6 months. I feel lightheaded and like i will pass out every day. I do not have anxiety however i tried 3 different anxiety meds. All which did not help one bit. I’ve had so many tests and still no answer. I hope we can figure this out soon 
  • Posted

Stop drinking alcohol for 2 weeks and see if it goes away
  • Posted

Hi brian

Ive tried being elevated when i sleep it helps abit mate, ive been diagnose with vestibular Neuronitis 2 months ago they gave me pills prochlorperazine maleate which help abit nt to bad? Had bloods, CT Scans which diagnose with this illness they said to ride it out straight up its horrible feel for you mate hope we all get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.