Lightheadedness, dizzyness, foggy head, off balance everyday!

Posted , 34 users are following.

I have suffered with the above for months now and its getting no better, I have been working today and my lightheadedness, dizzy etc is worse does anyone else have the same when they work!

0 likes, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes... I had to give up work found it impossible and no one understood.  It was a male orientated environment do I had no chance!!!! That was  nearly 4 years ago and it's the inky thing left now that stops me taking a job it's awful. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Paulette 

Yes I'm very familiar with that feeling. I use to have to step away from my desk sooo many times thru out the day ...I couldn't handle it. I still feel lightheaded and dizzy nauseous , headache ..now. Hope you feel better 

• Posted

hi lily...have you found releif? im so hopeless and cant stand it anymore. please let me know. 
  • Posted

Here are some thongs you can look into. I have been dizzy for 3 yrs and I am still looking to get better but I think I narrowed it down. All of these things can make you spaced out and are easy to check. Check out your Vitamin D and B12, lack of these can mess you up. ALso look up TMJ, it's a jaw issue, so if you grind your teeth that could be the problem. ALso look into going to a PT, I am going to one now and they are streching my neck and shoulder musles, they tell me they are super tight. You could also look up chronic myofascial pain syndrome, I found this info on a board called dizzy times, so look that up as well.
    • Posted

Will do thanks for caring finally starting to feel half a normal good days and bad this definitely challenges you we all just got to keep trying talk soon
  • Posted

Having a really bad morning. Woke up feeling ok but now... I started feeling that swaying motion in my head again, I felt myself slowly crunch forward feeling that anxiety kicking in and my stomach feeling tight ...that uncertain feeling. I stood up and thought I was going to faint ...anxiety kicked in even harder. Left side of my face started feeling tingly ...a little numb ...panic attack was on. I was thinking the worse. I had to drive to get back home ...challenging is what it was for me. My headache started too, my face and eyes hurt , back of my head. I popped one of my pills that suppusibly helps with anxiety/ blood pressure. I still feel crappy. I was debating on driving myself to ER. This is horrible ...I'm not living , just existing and I don't want to just exist. Always feel woozy, swaying , headaches, nauseous , it's sad. Hope y'all are having a better day. 
    • Posted

Hang in there you will get better its a long process  time will help make sure you get some balance excercises and do them at  least twice a day my physico therapist gave they work you do not they are in the beginning but be persistent they make you feel sick and dizzy and weird but you are retraining your brain   it won't happen overnight after all for  me I have had this problem for years just did nothing about it till  I finally got vertigo this summer besides the doctor thought I was  crazy I think haha good luck to you be brave 
    • Posted

I'm reading stuff on MdWeb and all of these things are coming up about arteries , and I start freaking out. If I read it and I happen to be feeling those symptoms ...according to me , I got it.  Hypochondriac ... I can't help it. Ugh, I was washing dishes and standing there is like a task in itself. Started feeling like the floor was swaying and looking down is the something ...Gosh I miss my "normal " days.  Thanks deb I'll check out the excersises , anything at this point. Thank you for responding 
    • Posted

Don't freak out its way to soon get a good doctor they will get to the bottom of it the Web is freaky I did the same I stopped    take care
    • Posted

Ha yeah it's freaky. Bad habit of mine. I have a Drs appt tomorrow ...new Dr, let's see what she has to say. I didn't see the excersises you were talking about 
    • Posted

Hi lily the excercises were given to me by my physico therapist the balance excercises  are pretty basic maybe ask doc for referral to one also there some on line under vertigo and dizziness good luck at docs 
    • Posted

Hi deb. 

I'll look it up. Boy I'm feeling so sick ...really bad headache, took Tylenol but nothing. Feeling that swaying motion, my stomach is knotted and bloated...nauseous ...I mean nauseous like it in my throat...sorry to be so direct. I eat only because I have to ...it's horrible forcing one self to eat.  I also noticed ...maybe this is the 2nd or 3rd time I really noticed ...I'm gonna be open and honest here ...sorry if I offend or upset anyone ... Ive noticed that I feel this bad when I'm close to my menstral cycle ...

• Posted

Hi lily I feel for you  girl I know that feeling about the period time no ideas I am 57 years old  way passed that haha  I do have ginger for naseua also I got some ser c from doctor it seemed to help headaches I try not to take anything suffer thru it  apparently they sur press the symptoms which they want me to retrain brain so it's a good thing to have them yippee just want I want
    • Posted

Hi deb ...I just turned 43 and it's been downhill since I turned 39 ...it's gotten worse !!!  Drs give me anti depressants but I won't take them , I mean that can't be causing all my health issues.  Too much for me. Glad you're feeling better deb ...woohoo 
    • Posted

I actually am the same way. I lucked out I was at my husband's doctor appointment and long story short I have PCOS and they think I have insulin resistance and I am also severely vitamin d deficiency. Once I got control of the vitamin d the anxiety stopped within 1 month. But near my period like you I get worse. You may be insulin resistance.

Very hard to diagnose.

I bought a glucometer what happened when I felt great blood sugar was 120-140 when I felt like crap it was 80 and normal is 60 -120 but I would crash in about a hour. My husband's doctor said the crash is what makes you sick because your pancreas is spilling to much insulin.

My changes until I get in are high protein with long lasting carbs been doing it for about a week.

I feel great..

look into this..if I can save someone else from suffering it is worth it..

also look to be tested for adrenal fatigue as well as metabolic disorder these go hand in hand..

I followed just a simple technique and feel better then ever.

like many I am a nurse.

I had to stop working for over a year I felt hopeless doctor after doctor.

my luck was I got sick in the doctors office and she knew immediately when I told her I had PCOS.

I thought I was going crazy..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.