Lightheadedness for close to a week, PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from lightheadedness for the last week. Gets worse when lying down. The lightheadedness is majorly on the left side of the back of my head.

I also have stomach gas and burping. I am very worried if it's something more serious. Has anyone faced similar symptoms?

Please reply with your experiences, it is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

First off, don't freak out. Have you been to your regular doctor? Get some blood work done. If all comes back normal, you could go to an ENT doctor. Look up BPPV and see if what you are feeling matches up.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply!

All reports came out normal. This was I believe triggered by some heavy food I ate a week back, and I have an upset stomach and gas.

Could this lightheadedness or dizziness be due to the stomach gas? Still very worried 😦

Thanks again!

Jake

• Posted

I'm not a doctor but I don't know about dizziness due to something you ate. It would have been out of your system by now. Did you bang your head? Do intense exercises? Sometimes these things can trigger nerve issues. If your still dizzy go to an ENT and if they don't help a neurologist

• Posted

Hello,

I just got several reports done- Brain CT scan, cervical spine X-ray, blood tests- all came out to be normal. Also, I do not do intense exercise, nor did I bang my head.

Still feeling lightheaded which is taking a toll on my work and overall mood. Don't know what is wrong 😕

Thanks,

Jake

• Posted

Check with a neurologist. I have been lightheaded for 9 yrs. You have to not let it freak you out. If you do it will get worse. I know it's tough. Many people are dealing with this and many don't know what the issue is.

• Posted

Hi,

Have you consulted a neurologist? If yes, has there been a diagnosis for your condition?

Thanks,

Jake

• Posted

Hi rocksolid,

Went to an ENT just to be sure, he checked and referred me to a neurologist. Waiting fkr the appointment date now.

Could you please tell me if you have any discomfort / pressure near or below your ears? Asking since I do.

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Posted

Also please let me know if you have a headache too, as in my case I have zero headache, only the chronic lightheadedness.

Thanks!

• Posted

I do get headache's but not all the time. Pain below your ear could be your SCM muscle. If you have occipital neuralgia the symptoms can be different for different people. People also talk about the C1, C2 in your neck being out of place that can cause issues. the problem with lightheartedness it can be a lot different problems, so it's very hard to figure out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.