Lightheadedness for five days

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been feeling lightheaded for about five days now. It is a weird sensation. The only thing similar to it that I ever experienced is the feeling of weakness that sometimes accompanies hunger. It is not constant, sometimes it completely vanishes for a few hours. 

I thought it might have something to do with my sugar intake, as I completely cut sugary drinks a few weeks ago. So I started consuming more sugar over the past few days but that did not help at all. 

I also have been feeling some pain in some joints, especially in my hand over that last 1,5 week. I am not sure if it is related. But other than that I feel healthy. I considered the flu, but not other symptoms have appeared. 

I do have an appointment with my doctor in two days, but I feel kind of worried and really want this feeling gone as soon as possible. So perhaps someone could help me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don’t feel worried, just take everything easy and know that at least once you see your GP it will help... I would recommend you take a full blood test.. I recently found out my iron level was low however since taking my iron tablets, the dizziness has lessened... Wishing you all the best.. try and stress less.. Have a good day! 
  • Posted

do you have indigestion issues like IBS or low functioning gallbladdder or gallstones or gastritis or B12 dificiency?
    • Posted

Not as far as I know. I am a vegetarian and have been checked for B12 (as well as a few other vitamins) several times (the last time was 2 years ago) and every time everything seemed fine. I did not change my food intake since then, so I assume it is still fine. 
    • Posted

good to rule out this is not due to digestion issues. Check for Sugar levels A1BC levels and for high blood pressure, ECG ,etc

1)next thing to rule is MRI for head and neck.

2)check for vestibular -vng test.

• Posted

I would definitely follow up with your doctor and have your iron levels checked. Hope you figure out what's going on. Let us know how you make out.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.