Lightheadedness when standing or turning over

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been dealing with lightheaded issues for over a year. it started with feeling dizzy when i stood up then progressed to feeling dizzy and hearing the ocean in my ear and feeling like I'm being strangled. I've had almost ever test EKG, carotid artery echo, heart echo, stress test, hearing test VGN, MRI on my head and ears...ally doctor said was you need to lose weight .... my life has been difficult but i manage. i just want to know whats going on. my husband doesn't like me leaving the house because he is scared i will pass out somewhere. i just want my life back...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a ENT or neurologist?

• Posted

yes and they said my ears are ok. and my MRI are perfect. i have had 26 separate doc appt. only thing i havent done is a Tilt table test. OH and i forgot to say yhat i uave had a high pitched sound in my ear all my life. never thougt it was weird because my twin has the same thing. its like a frequency wave sound. told my docs that too and nothing

• Posted

You can try going to a Neurotologist (Tologist with a T ) They specialize in ears only. If you have pain in back of your neck where your skull starts it could be a nerve issues with your Occiptial. I have been spaced out for about 9yrs so I know how it I also have the high pitch in my ear. Have you looked up Occipital Neuralgia?

• Posted

have you had your vitamins B-1 ,B-12,B-6 drawn? and your vestibular system checked .? with me they didn't even mention it! so inner ear got damaged from nerve damage ... its worth a try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.