Lightheadedness with no cause... Had SVT ablation 5 weeks ago.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, 

This is my first post here. Im a 20 yr old healthy female and had an SVT attack July 14 2017 triggered by bending over. I was seen in electrophysiology and had my Ablation done Aug 1st 2017. 

I have had no svt attacks since then but am feeling very sluggish. I am constantly lightheaded, short of breath, mild chest pain and the odd flutter here and there. My bpm was always raised due to my sinus tachycardia, so even after the ablation im still very tachy. 

I have down countless test, numerous times. Blood work, ECG, CT scans, XRAYS, all coming back normal. 

Im starting to loose my mind because i cant focus or concentrate in school or work. Its a terrible quality of life to live at this age and im tired of feeling in capable of doing things other 20 yr olds are doing. Ideas? 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Megan,

I’m 4 weeks post SVT ablation and am having very similar symptoms as you.

Feel sick, weak, short of breath and the worst is this horrible lightheaded feeling that I’m going to faint. Feels like

I’m going to have an SVT episode where

your heart stops. All my tests show nothing so far.

Question, did you get better?

Did the lightheadness go away?

Please let me know as my doctors are of

no help.

Thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.