Lightly sweating after period

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies, i have been skipping periods up to 2 months at a time for six or so months .This month to my surprise i had a period and on top of that a heavier flow thsn normal. ..But now that t it is over i immediately started having a light sweat on my back and noticed my shirt felt a little damp. i was just watching tv not doing anything. Im also disappointed because i already wake up.soaking wet from sweating through the night with my clothes drenched . i just wondered if you think its related to peri menopause. I was not expecting any new symptoms especially since i had a period this month. . Do you think its normal to sweat and your shirt be damp right after your cycle is over ? Please help this is getting so confusing.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, it could be you had a lot of hormones coming into your system at once and your adrenalin reacting to it.

You are lucky I had very heavy periods for a few years before my period ended , which I never had during the previous years.

Please don't worry you're having symptoms that are normal and the very heavy periods peri menopausal is normal and you haven't been getting that a lot.

Good Luck Heather x

• Posted

Can I ask how long your heavy periods lasted? I have been getting them for a little over two years. I have many peri symptoms (mostly vision), but have yet to miss a period.

• Posted

They lasted for nearly five years and excuse the language they were a b*****d..

i was praying for menopause by the time they stopped.

Honestly I was so glad to never have a period again I could have danced in the streets and that is a statement cause I wouldn't go out anywhere while I had them.

Hope things are better for you ....

• Posted

Oh, geez. I am only half way there if that is the case. I wish I was brave enough to get an ablation.

• Posted

Everybody is different.

They could stop next week for you ,

My wish for you is that you glide through menopause I had nearly 36 years pain free periods and had three pregnancies with the longest Labour being three hours.

So you see in was due a kick in the ass lol.........Heather.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.