limping

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had ankle surgery and started weight bearing i have a limp and i was just wondering how long with PT did it take for anyone to completely get rid of limp and walk at normal speed?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

it would help if you were more specific about exactly what your ankle surgery amounted to for example was it a TAR? Cheers, Richard

• Posted

i agree with Jo. However, i had ORIF after breaking my ankle in 3 places and dislocating it. After i started PT, i would say it took about 4-5 months to walk without a limp, and i was actually not in PT anymore at that point. I still have a slight limp whenever i have been sitting or sleeping for a long time and then get up to walk. It goes away though once i get going. It gets better so just stay positive!

• Posted

i had an ankle fuzion 3 years ago and limp when it gets cold or stand up for more than 20 mins.

this is still better than before the fuzion

• Posted

I never needed PT and my limp is pretty much gone. I broke my right ankle in 3 places back in early February. had ORIF Feb 11- a plate and 9 screws. I started WBAT in late March and at 8 weeks (April 1) I was full WB and walking in my sneaker. I never did any PT and my range of motion is 90+.... my limp is pratically gone, no pain or discomfort. no swelling. I guess it just depends on the person. It takes time. Each week you will feel it getting stronger and stronger!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.