limping

Posted , 5 users are following.

its been 2 months since my ankle surgery and its been almost 4 weeks since i started full weight bearing. i just have questions about how long did a limp last on you? i have a weird pulling sensation somewhere in my foot and i dont necessarily have pain, mostly just discomfort and my foot constantly feels as if its just sore all the time when will i be able to walk faster or run and jump? i know these things take time but is there any solutions to speed up the recovery?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Please tell us exactly what you had done and something about you and your health. Without this we don't have much chance of. providing a useful response. Cheers, Richard

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was still limping at 9 months and was unable to jump or run without significant discomfort. I was never able to walk down stairs normally. I had my plates and pins removed at 9 months and within 4 weeks I have started jumping and dancing around the kitchen with my kids. Btw, I am 29 and in good health.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my limp lasted about 4 weeks after starting to fully weight bear. each week it was less and less noticeable! Everyone is different. I broke my right ankle February 2nd and had surgery February 11. A plate and 7 screws on my outter ankle and two screws in my inner ankle. life is basically back to normal for me! my foot is super stiff in the morning but other than that sometimes I forget I was ever injured 😃

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up