Linchen Scelrosis moisturise forever ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies i am wondering if it is ever safe to stop moisturising as when i feel a bit better i am worried if it dries up that it will trigger the LS ?

Good news is that i am

Managing things better with diet and betnovate and coconut oil and douce of bicarb 🤗

Also Ladies that have had breaks without did things just stop and get better? 

Did the white patches go or fade ? 

Any input greatly recieved 😘

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

IN the past I'd I have not used Dermovate for about 2 weeks that familiar pre itch tingling will start . I am eating an anti inflammatory diet now so haven't actually tested to see what will happen if I stop using it. Since I started using steroid the worse patches have not returned. I guess the only way to know is to give it a go and see what happens in your particular case. But I would check vulva in the mirror every week to see if the skin is still ok and no white patches returning and no fusing. Good luck , let us know your findings if you do experiment.

• Posted

I meant WHITE patches have not returned not worse patches
    • Posted

Thank you , I an going to try to lesseon the steroid and just lubricate with coconut oil and see how i get on and will keep you updated 🤗

• Posted

If you stop moisturizing or not do it well enough .....LS flares up...the skin rubs against skin. With treatment and looking after yourself properly the white patches become replaced by healthy, rosy new skin.

LS is an autoimmune illness, never goes away for good, there is no cure....it can be controlled with treatment. Cutting down on sugar, on wheat, following a low carb diet, dealing with stress through yoga, pilates, meditation helps. A holistic approach helps me.

• Posted

Hi Susan 

I managed to control my LS through diet alone for many years. Unfortunately it is rearing it’s ugly head again even tho my diet is still restricted. I’m consequently looking into the Mona Lisa Touch. I have used castor oil and lavender oil today and have had no itching whatsoever 😀. It’s trial and error as everyone reacts differently which is a pain x

• Posted

Hi, In my experience I found that when everything was calm and I reduced treatment fusing ran riot very quietly so I wasn't aware of it until it was too late!

Do beware. I now use Eumovate a weaker steroid which I use most days and all is calm. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Everyone is different with this disease. I can only tell you what I do and use. I apply Emu Oil occasionally when I think of it and have had no repercussions from it this way. I also use Premarin estrogen cream internally with applicator and spread over the vulva twice a week alternately with Clobetasol that I apply three times a week. Told the doctor I was still dry so the doctor prescribed estrogen cream two more days a week but only externally. This helped and since then everything stayed stable. What I do make sure of is when I have to go out to an appointment or get groceries or any other errand and I know I'll be walking for some time, then I make sure I'm well moisturized before I go. At home, there's less friction involved. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you micheline , yes friction seems to our enemy i appreciate your advice 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.