lingering pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, totally bummed. It's been 3 months since my (first) attack. Did cipro flagl combo for 10 days. Started eating normal about 3 weeks after attack. Had follow up colonoscopy and endo. Found hiatial hernia and I have a hernia in the typical groin area. Was doing Ok but now I have lingering low grade pain acroos lower belly and occasional stabbing pain. Can feel it all when I bend over or reach. Not sure what it all means. I'm playing the eat and wait game. Intersting though the pain has returned after revisiting sesame seeds and popcorn.. I know gastro says anything goes with food but I'm skeptical. just bummed.. last thing I wanted to have happen after a bunch of other stuff at age 60. I guess I just wait it out though I've read some people have pain for a while.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I had my first attack about two months ago and Sigmoidoscopy confirmed diverticular disease three weeks ago. Since then I have had pretty much constant mild to moderate pain on the lower left hand side although some days better than others. Have now been prescribed Fybogel and waiting to see if things improve. I do find standing up more comfortable than sitting down.

Not much help to you, I'm afraid, as I am in the same situation. I really hope we'll both feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your empathetic response. I hope things settle down for you as well. A hot bath helped alot. The pepper and onion pizza, we'll see...

• Posted

I was told popcorn and seeds and nuts are really bad for DD maybe that's what's set you off this time

• Posted

After my 1st episode with Diverticulitis in which i was very sick I was extremely tender in the lower pelvic area and could not bend over or lean in when i was sitting, it lasted a few weeks. I have been back to my normal diet which includes nuts/seeds and have been fine other then one instance when I felt a little discomfort but it never developed into anything.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. I think I am in the same boat though it has been almost 3 months now and the mild low grade pain continues with bending etc.. Pretty broad based no from hip to hip below belly button.  I guess you just let it take its course... I'll keep you posted if I think I can add any meaningful input to this crazy intestinal change in my life. 

• Posted

It's good to know that others are experiencing similar problems but that it does get better over time. I'm feeling very depressed with this continuous low grade (sometimes  worse!) left hand side pain but I feel cheered by your response.Thank you.

• Posted

I wish I could eat nuts and things that I like I love tomatoes but had a small amount of cheese pizza last night and now paying the prise
    • Posted

Yeah, wish I had some advice. I love pizza and so far no problems. Dairy and gluten allergies are the culprits for many peoples digestive problems. Just hoping time solves  the problems and  hopefully it's not just wishful thinking

• Posted

I think for many people on this forum especially outside of the US have other digestive/stomach issues going on besides diverticulitis but have not been diagnosed properly so blame it on DD. I feel bad for those of us who do have ongoing pain, it is hard to live with on a daily basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.