Lingering sore throat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had mono since December of 2019, and I have had a ton of symptoms. But one I cant seem to shake is this sore throat that I have had for over 2 weeks. The area surrounding my tonsils is also super red, and I have tonsil stones. My doctor prescribed me amoxicillin last Monday because she said it sounded like tonsilitis, but it doesnt seem to be getting better even after a week on an antiobotic. Has anyone else had a lingering sore throat that took a long time to go away?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed in October and still have white spots on one side of throat. No pain but spots. Doesn't look like tonsil stones. Do you have these?

• Posted

I really don't have any other symptoms now. How about you? I am 7 months in now.

• Posted

From last dnt know but noticed around 4 month before i noticed red throat... One side white spot on tonsil... Not a stone. And tiny white dot on raised bumps in mid of throat... Can u show me your thraot pic.

• Posted

same!! just 2 white spots. they are both small. One looks like it has tiny vein in it. I will try to take pic and upload it. I have been to dr and they all say its fine that my throat is healthy. How does yours look.

• Posted

Have you any lymph node on neck ? Back? front ? Uncomfortable throat some time from outside?.

I recently consult with my ent spslt... He told me its totaly normal... Presist sore thraot.. Without any symtoms. Its due to last long infection. Nothing to concern... And what update about from your side.?

• Posted

I decided to stop looking and pray about my spots! i have one pretty much completely gone!!! I dont have a sore throat anymore. it does seems irritated occasionally

• Posted

Great... I am apply 1 ointment on white spot an amazingly its healing slightly... But sore throat irritating me.... What u do for your sire throat. Any home remedy or medicine? Or dr. Suggest any suggestion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.