Lingering Stomach Issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just writing this to see if anyone else has the same issues while also typing/talking about it seems to help soothe anxiety and stress.I am a 35 year old male, in good health . July of 2018 I started getting indegestion and hearth burn. I made the huge mistake of looking up my symptoms. WedMD says stomach cancer, and my mind ran with it. GP put me on anxiety meds, and I was stressed out. The first time I saw my GI he laughed at me, said I have 2 small kids and my wife stays at home, my stress is probably causing it. Also if I lost some weight it would also help. Symptoms IMMEDIATELY stopped. When I started my car my stomach roared with hunger pains and all was well for a few weeks. A few weeks later my mind started wandering again as I felt a cramp like sensation and popping under my rib cage. Ultrasound, CT scan , and all negative all organs healthy and normal. I had hemmerhoids in late november and started freaking out again, Colonoscopy in December 2018 negative stomach again returned to normal. For the last month I have been getting bloated occasionally , not sure if actual bloating or just I am acutely aware of my stomach now. In any event I have an endoscopy on Friday March 1st, 2019.I am 99% sure it will be negative, and will be seeing a health anxiety counselor. I think many of us using the internet are our own worst enemies. I have not even had the endo and I am wondering about gallbladder tests and or if its throat/lung cancer. I notice on days I am home with my family, on vacation or even very busy at work I do not even notice any symptoms. Its when I have time to think I wander into places on the internet I know I should not. Just seeing if anyone else has the same feelings or experiences.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i think loads of people deal with this. as cancer rates go up you hear about it alot more so it scares you into thinking every small or big symptom you have is automatically cancer. you've had so many tests and nothing turns up so i think you're safe but i definitely get where you are coming from. i get stomach pains back pain indigestion diarrhea all of it alot and i am convinced i have cancer that drs just cant find. my symptoms have been going on for almost a year and im pregnant with my fourth child and im a stay at home mom so i know my life is stressful and that may be why i have so many issues. i was also diagnosed with gastritis and GERD in september 2018 so you are not alone i promise!

• Posted

99% of cases we worry are not even worth to worry... i mean i worry myself... on the same boat...35 ..2 kids..wife at home...me working my shoes off..and i have gastritis..that feels like light burning... its an year now and i had endoscopy ultrasound...ct...few blood tests..all clear .. but i still have it and its in my head.

its bleeding stress...

its difficult to overcome....very difficult...but its achievable....

and best of luck i hope you gonna get over it...

and i realised one thing...i have no fear of dead... not that i seak it but it will come and meet alll of us. sooner or later.

be strong my friend

• Posted

When my IBS started, my panic was through the roof because no one could diagnose me for three and a half months. Googling symptoms made my health anxiety worse but when I was with friends, my pain reduced or disappeared. When I thought about my stomach again, my pain came back. When I was finally diagnosed with IBS, my health anxiety completely cleared up and my IBS went into remission. However, the slightest stress flares up symptoms.

It might be gastritis or GERD you are experiencing which can begin due to stress and anxiety and is made worse by stress. If you are having bowel habit change and shifting abdominal pain, it may be IBS which is also triggered by anxiety and doesn't show on scans.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.