lingual tonsil throat pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am in desperate need of some answers ! In 2013 I had my first cavity filled I was 23 at the time. About a week after having it filled I started to have pain on the right side of my throat. Soon after that I got an infection that started on my face and spread all over my body. I was finally put on antibiotics and the rash went away but i was still having discomfort in my right jaw, throat and neck. For the past 5 years now I have had 7 of these rashes come back, they all start on my cheeks then spread to my eyes and if I dont get on antibiotics right away it spreads all over my body. Also I have a inflamed lingual tonsil on the right side of my tonge. I just seen the ent and he said he wasn't sure what it was and wanted to remove it. That makes me a little nervous that he didn't know what it was and he didn't care to hear about my recurring rashes witch I think is cellulitis. It has to somehow all be related ! Has anyone else ever had this problem ? Also I want to add the cellulitis and pain in my throat and neck seem to be at a pain level of 1 on normal days and some days its at a 8 kind like I get sick with it for two weeks then feel better for two weeks !

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have Chronic lingual tonsillitis after the dentist a few times.  I don't have the rash. 

But the ENT said it was rare ( he may have seen a lump he wanted to remove. Cyst ?) 

he said most ENT's would not have seen lingual tonsillitis.  But he did say this; the other 2 women of his patients that had it. Had auto immune disease with rash and is treated with antibiotics

He think antibiotics lowers Immune system and that is the reason for LTs.  But I disagree. 

I can't think what the skin condition is. But it should come to me soon. Just google auto immune skin rash. 

My mum has it in mild form. (the rash ). And her GP said if he treats it with antibiotics. When u stop ir comes back worse - is that happening. 

Not saying this is what you have, but sharing my experience it could well be cellulitis 

I will get back to u.   

• Posted

It was Rosecea these 2 patients had.  I have CFS. Hashemotos. (Auto Immune ) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.