Link between HS and underactive thyroid or pilonidal sinus

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with HS a month ago and is currently on lymecycline tablets. Does anyone else have HS alongside an underactive thyroid or a pilonidal sinus? It's so depressing to face so many health issues at once! 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had a pilonidal sinus some years ago, quite a while before I got HS. I also got checked out for parathyroidism, but nothing much came of this.

• Posted

I had 2 pilonidal cysts as a teenager. Very painful. Had 2 surgeries to remove them. Had no idea they were even related until about 2 years ago. Was not diagnosed with HS until my late 30s. I have been taking CBD and been off gluten and it helps control the breakouts, but do still get them. It can be depressing, but it is treatable. Hang in there.

• Posted

If there's one thing for sure, hs is almost always secondary to another illness sad thing is the underline illness is rarley found for many years if found at all, I have pcos with hs, I was diagnosed with hs on 2005 I was diagnosed with pcos last year, I have blood disorder ect, hormone deficiency and the list could go on, but theve all been found very late in life, I'm 30 now and iv had multiple surgery's since Xmas 2018, I'm taking humira, doxycycolin iv also just started some new stuff due to restless leg syndrome only just been found and medicated this week after years of sleepless nights, it's a very long and painful road and unfortunately you will be very lucky if any drug at all completely stops ur break out, I still have many and iv had e ery medication out there good luck stay strong, cut down ur sugar I replaced sugars with natural sugar ie 2 sugars in a coffee now I have honey, it helps but doesnt cure nothing cure hs it's an auto immune disease, and very stubborn

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your huge struggle, I hope it gets better for you, stay strong x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.