Linx Procedure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I am looking for some reassurance following the Linx Procedure i had last week.

Its been 5 days since I had the surgery, and as I am aware they blew my stomach up during the surgery. However, i'm still getting bad burps, like foul tasting and smelling. I would have thought this would have subsided by now?

Also, I have pretty much no appetite, no feelings of hunger at all. I can literally go two or three days without anything to eat, and feel no difference. I have been passing okay, obviously not the first couple of days but seems to have gone to normal now.

If anyone has had this surgery, or has experience with it, can you let me know if the above is normal? I'm sure i'm just being a bit paranoid about it.

Many thanks,

Jack

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They won't normally have inflated the stomach for LINX surgery. They do that for endoscopy but for laparoscopic oerations in the abdomen, they'll inflate the abdominal chamber instead. (The side effects of this that may be experienced for a couple of days is a shoulder pain. )

Cannot suggest anything regarding your eructation (burping) .

• Posted

Hi Jack,

You probably know this already, but just in case you do not, thought I would mention that there are two very active Facebook support groups for LINX.

One is called: "LINX surgery for GERD."

The other is: "LINX complications support group."

You will need to open a Facebook account for yourself, if not already a member, then click on the "join" button on each of the sites I have mentioned.

If not already aware of these support groups I thought they would be useful for you over your first year after surgery to be able to discuss any issues and queries you may have after your surgery with others who are at different post-surgical stages.

Hope this might be helpful if you were not already aware of these.

Kind regards, Nigel

• Posted

Hi Jack

I'm sure I have read on this forum of someone having the same experience as you. However I can't advise what to other than maybe rubbing peppermint oil and orange oil on your stomach. These two oils really help with digestion and wind. I use them if my stomach is bloated. One drop of each in pool of oil in hand (olive oil or any carrier oil). Rub in clockwise direction.

Can I ask where you had the Linx device put in? Did you have to pay for it? If so how much?

I would really appreciate it if you kept in touch because I'm considering having the linx device. I'm having one last test next week to see if I have SIBO. If that gets me no way I will have the linx fitted but I must admit I'm very scared of having op. Had the doc who fitted yours done a lot of ops?

Have you had any reflux since it was fitted? Was you on meds before? I'm not on meds. They didn't work for me. I control it other ways. But I'm so sick of not being to eat so many different foods and never being able to have a drink!!! Just wanna be normal.

Anyway sorry you came on asking for reassurance and I've bombarded you with questions. I do apologise.

Good luck Jack I really hope this works for you. I've read a lot of linx success stories. Supposingly, the Physio for linx is eating! To keep the device opening. I'm sure u know this already though. Keep positive and don't stress over the burps, I'm sure they will settle. Maybe try to eat less gassy foods?

Kindest regards

Dom 😊

• Posted

No, of course you're not being paranoid.

You've had a problem, you've had the procedure to try to resolve it.

And so you expect results.

I now that Link involves only a small op. but one's body doesn't like changes to it.

Sorry but you will need a little patience for you system to settle down to the change. It's in a little shock at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.