Linx Procedure

Posted , 6 users are following.

My doctor is recommending two procedures. The Linx procedure or gastric bypass. What should I do?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am going to be going in for my consultation as to what procedure they are going to do for me since I  have a rather large hitial hernia so it is by my chest.  I don't know what procedure will be recommeded at this point, but I feel it will be worth it rather than live the way I have been living.So I don't know anything about these two procedures at this point,  Sorry

• Posted

Read up on both. Is this operation for hiatus hernia repair? as it would be more likely to be a fundoplication operation or linx. I had a 270 dgreee fundoplication done 2 years ago - and have not looked back since. I was not offered linx - which I believe is a system using magnets to re-seal the top of the stomach - it can be reversed - the fundoplication less easily reversed. Gastric bypass is when they make your stomach smaller and bypass some of your intestines so you can't absorb as much - don't think that they would normally do that to sort out reflux. 

Hope what ever you choose works for you!

• Posted

I had the gastric sleeve 6 years ago. I have been suffering with acid reflux for about a year and a half now. My doctor said I only have two options which will be the Linx procedure or the gastric bypass.
  • Posted

I live in the U.K. We don't really get offered surgery to repair. I have a 4cm hiatus hernia, all I have it medication to control the symptoms

• Posted

How long have you been on the meds (PPIs I guess), Do you have any major sides?
    • Posted

Lansoprazole 30mg for about 8 months now, no sides at all
  • Posted

Hi bianca,

The linx device is relatively new. Long term it can erode into the esophagus. Nissan funduplication maybe the answer. If you have a hernia, they will fix that at the same time as the Nissan procedure. No more relfux,pills, or hernia. Just make sure the surgeon has plenty experience with the Nissen surgery. It is serious surgery. Stu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.