Linx procedure after effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had the Linx device about a year ago and for 10 months afterwards it seemed like it was a success. Since then I’ve started getting really severe chest pains that can last from half an hour up to 5 or 6 hours and it really hurts if I take anything more than shallow breaths. I’ve been put on various medication which hasn’t really helped so I’m thinking my only option is to have it removed. Has anyone else experienced anything similar after this operation? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you're having some side effects from the LINX device.  I did investigate this device a number of years ago and noticed that when it is installed around the esophagus, there is nothing to keep it in place.  It appears to be free to move up and down the esophagus.  If that is the case, then the device is defective and should never have been installed in the first place.  If it has moved upward it could put pressure on other tissues or organs and cause discomfort.  You need to have a checkup by your physician and determine if it has indeed moved out of position.  The body also has a tendency to build up scar tissue around foreign objects.  So that is also a possibility.  If it is removed then you would likely go back to GERD symptoms, so you will need to make a decision as to what to do.

• Posted

One more thing.  If the device has moved upward then there is a small possibility that jumping on a small trampoline could help move it back down to a position just above the stomach.  Let me know what you think.
    • Posted

Thank you for commenting on this. Yes that would make sense. The consultant did do an endoscopy last week and said it was all ok- interestingly though for a couple of days after that, I had no chest pains at all! He has put me on saldinfal which does seem to make the pain less severe so long as I don’t eat anything too solid. Yes it’s a tricky one as I don’t want to go back to the reflux symptoms but when I’m in the middle of the chest pains, anything is preferable to that! Anyway thank you for taking the time to comment on this for me. 
    • Posted

Ps I will give the trampoline a go! At least it’s good exercise too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.