Linx surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had linx surgery two months ago and I am experiencing excessive mucus in throat after eating. this is causing me to clear my throat constantly. Has anyone else experienced this. Your comments are appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i havnt had the surgery but can i ask if it works for you. i surgery reflex every day. was it painful after the surgery. could you eat normal food. hopefully you are feeling much better.

• Posted

The linx surgery was very easy. It was outpatient it took about an hour I was home that night. My stomach area was a little tender for about three days. I was off of my PPIs immediately. I was able to eat normal foods the next day. You do have some dysplasia after the surgery. But it’s not that bad. And yes the surgery does work.

• Posted

Hey Philip, I had the surgery 3 years ago and for a short time I was clearing my throat as well and it eased up over time. once in awhile I have to clear it bit. over all it gets easier but it was the best decision I ever made. I would rather clear my throat than to have reflux.

• Posted

thanks, I had my surgery about two months ago and after eating meals now I get a lot of phlegm in my throat. I don’t know where it’s coming from I assume it’s the gastric juices in the esophagus coming up. I know the linxs band Has to have time to work properly. I seem to be eating OK other than the phlegm coming up. did you have a lot of phlegm coming up after your surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.