Linx surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I need feedback from someone who had Linx surgery

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Doctors seem fairly confident it is safe and effective. I hope to have one if the GERD fails to resolve. They have to conclude though it is a problem with the functioning of the esophagus spinchter. Good luck.

• Posted

ihad linx surgery on Oct. 10 2019 . what questions do you have.

• Posted

How do you feel

are there any side effects:

Inability to belch

difficulty swallowing

Bloating

Did the acid reflux symptoms disappear.

Were you able to exercise

Thank you

• Posted

I am 70 years old and had the linx surgery October 2019. I did not have the normal Gerd symptoms. My symptoms were acid buildup in the mouth and throat area. I also had some throat reflux that I could not shake. I was put on PPIs for approximately six months and got no relief with those. My doctor told me he wasn’t sure of the links surgery would cure my problem. but I was able to get the surgery anyway. It did cure the acid reflux in my mouth and throat. But I still have a throat clearing going on as of this day. I am hoping that this will resolve overtime. I asked your questions The surgery was relatively easy. I did have some discomfort for about three days after the surgery in the stomach area where the incisions were. I was off of the PPIs immediately and was able to eat anything I wanted. And the first week I did have some dysplasia problems. And they persisted for approximately eight weeks. I am 2 1/2 months post surgery now and I’m able to eat anything I want. As far as the Gerd types of symptoms they are gone. Yes I am able to belch no problem. after the surgery I could exercise or do anything I wanted but I really didn’t feel like it for about a week. as far as bloating I had none. The only side effect I have now is excessive phlegm in throat especially after I eat which I have to clear constantly. I think the surgery is a good one especially for someone that only has Gerd symptoms like heartburn. I hope these answer some of your questions if you have more please ask

• Posted

Thank you Sir. I hope you feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.