Linzess-Constipation-Bowel REgime

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had issues with constipation for a long time. I was hospitalized a few months ago with a volvulus. They think it was related to constipation. SO they changed my bowel regime and started linzess. For the most part it works. I take when i get up and 45-75 minutes later I go. However, if I need to get up and go do something, work, doctors, errands. It does not work. Its like if i have just the slightest bit of stress, and cant just sit and watch tv for 45-75 minutes I cant go. Doc said add miralax. It has not helped. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered from IBS-C practically all my life. I tried all kinds of high-powered medicines(including those you mentioned) without a whole lot of success. Finally 4-8 ounces of prune juice diluted with water worked for me like a charm. It was an experiment for me and you can regard it the same way for yourself. Please remember that what worked for me may or may not work for you. It is worth a try. It could result in bloating or add to the bloating problem. Good luck.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. the linzess works. but like i said not if i cant just sit and wait for it to kick in. prune juice was not good for me last tome j tried it. i just thought this was to make things happen and avoid problems, and to avoid "scheduled" bowel movements. i suppose i could try it again, but not sure how it would go

with the linzess.

• Posted

I forgot to say that I use prune juice on empty stomach in the morning. For me it has proved quite effective. And it is a food item and no chemical compound. I realize that it may not suit every one who suffers from constipation. Hope that you solve your problem soon a21911.

• Posted

don't even try anything , drink a lot of warm/hot water. not too fast, at least 1 hour after a meal and stand there and twirl move your stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.