Liotir (liothyronine)

Posted , 3 users are following.

My endo just decreased my thyroxine to 100mcg and prescribed Liotir to be taken twice daily.

Has anyone else been prescribed this?

Any stories to tellwoukd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'd be interested to know what this is too....

anyone else have info. On T3 to be taken with Levo thyroxine??

• Posted

I should have mentioned that this is in liquid form and I have to take 8 drops twice a day. 
    • Posted

Is this a T3 to go with your Levo meds??

i know it's not common. Par active yet to add t3 , many endocrinologists don't see the need if levels are balanced ...but many report feeling ill until they take t3 too.

any info/ advice? Thanks x

• Posted

Yes it's T3.

I've been in just thyroxine for just over a year.  Levels are balancing just about but my weight is my biggest issue.

My endo is excellent and lectures on endocrinology at universities, so I trust ha judgement.  He is also very thorough.

I will let you know in a few weeks how it is going on this new regime. 

• Posted

Hi lia,

would you mind sharing who your Endo is either here or in a private message please?

Mine just won't prescribe T3 even for a trial period for me :-(

many thanks

• Posted

Hi Vinny,

I live in Italy so I don’t think that’s much help to you? 

• Posted

Hi Lia,

I'm actually Italian, and visit family 2-3 times per year :-)

• Posted

That's brilliant, to have support like that.

yes, I'd love to keep in touch re. This.

im on 100mg levothyroxine , and am adjusting.i am a bit nauseous in the evenings, headachy in the mornings.

reckon this is normal , as such? X

• Posted

Sorry about spelling in last response! Husband was talking to me at the same time!

I changed the way I take the levo.  I now take it at around 4.30am and then go back to sleep for a few hours.  I find this makes me feel less drowsy and headachy than when I took it as I got up.  It seems to give my body time to adjust. Also find it less bothersome as I can now get up and have coffee and breakfast with everyone else rather than feeling very unsociable.  

• Posted

Hi I said I would let you know how things were going.

I stopped taking the Liotir -T3 after two months as my legs completely seized up and I was in agony.

Now just taking 100mcg levo.

In general I feel much better and in the last 10 days I have lost 12 pounds in weight. 

I have  removed carbs from my meals save for a very small pastry that I have for breakfast.

I have not given up wine though! 

I should have bloods done next week and I expect my ending to tell me off regarding the T3 but I literally couldn’t walk. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.