Lip twitching

Posted , 2 users are following.

my upper lip has been twitching continuously for 4 days. The only way to stop is by touching my lip. This has also happened before in the past. I also have a spasm in my lower right lip which comes about every 3 weeks, lasting anything from 10-30 minutes. This one seems to have a pattern to it and has been on going for over 3 years. I am just getting worried now, would like some re assurance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your spasms. Not knowing the cause can be very frustrating. There is a fb group called "Hemifacial Spasm (HFS) Worldwide Support". You might want to post your question there as well. You will receive tons of support as I did. Is your spasms on both sides of your face? Are the spasms only affecting your lips?

• Posted

thank you. I do get other spasms but it it mainly my lip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.