Lipase Elevated Over Month While On All Liquids Due To Endo Stitch Procedure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Kind of confused as to how my lipase can be elevated...

I had a endostich repair from a previous gastric bypass surgery on May 15th have only been on clear liquids in order for my stomach to heal.

Starting June 4 started having complications with chest pains mainly on right side leading to center of back when I got home from a trip 1 1/2 hrs later severe pain upper abdominal to the point I was doubled over in pain.

Called Dr we ruled out complications from procedure. Decided to wait to see how I felt the next day. Just to speed up my story since there is so much that happened.

3 ER visits later one 911 call later after seeing all my other Dr's will be going back in to have another procedure for possible complication from previous procedure.

All my blood test have been good except for my Lipase 65 first ER visit 2 days later Dr appointment up to 85 2 days later ER visit 168 3 days later Dr visit down to 101. My Amylase test is normal.

How is this possible if I am only on liquids?

I told my Dr office I am extending my 45 liquids diet till my next procedure to be safe until I get answers on my Lipase as well as other complications.

Looking for some kind of answers...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hun, I think your Lipase level is nothing to worry about. Many benign things can cause variations in its level. A normal lipase level is 0-160 U/L. Amylase is looked more closely at and if greater than 400 it usually means Pancreatitis.

DJRN

• Posted

Weird cause according to the norm of my Dr office labs norm is up to 65. But thank you for the feedback. That helps. The Dr did put me on a pancreatic diet of 45 grams of fat or less... For when I start eating actual foods again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.