Lipid panel results.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm 22 year old female. I'm 5'4 and weigh 174rolleyes I've been in the process of losing weight. I recently had my blood drawn and checked.

I don't have any medical conditions.

So...

My HDL is really low sad all my other test are within normal ranges but it really scares me. I've read a lot online and everywhere says low hdl puts you at a very high risk for Heart disease. I'm freaking out, my dr didn't seem overly concerned. I'm just scared I'll have a heart attack soon or something.

Hdl: 38.Range: >or=46

LDL: 112. Range: <130

Non LDL: 132. Range : ?not sure.

Total chol: 170. Range: 125-200

Triglycerides: 101. Range: <150

Chol/hdlC: 4.5 Range: <or=5.0

These are in US measurements. Does anyone have an advice.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely normal results of your test. Nothing to worry about.

Yep, HDL should be a bit higher, but that's it.

So talk to your physician what you should do in order to increase HDL level. Daily physical activity, small quantity of alkohol, some kinds of food can help.

• Posted

Absolutely normal results of your test. Nothing to worry about.

Yep, HDL should be a bit higher, but that's it.

So talk to your physician what you should do in order to increase HDL level. Daily physical activity, small quantity of alkohol, some kinds of food can help.

• Posted

Please know that if you do not lose the weight, those levels will come up and bite you.  After a period of time of obesity, my cholesterol numbers were awful, triglycerides off the chart - doctor said lose weight or I will die.  I was at 195 pounds, I am 64 now.  I did not listen and a year later suffered a brain aneurysm rupture (subarachnoid hemorrhage) to which I am lucky to have survived.  After over a month in the hospital, my number one priority was to stay alive, so I began eating healthy like you wouldn't believe, I quit taking the cholesterol meds, and only radically modified my diet to get healthy and to lose weight.  I now weigh 138, I have been retested and all levels are normal in my blood, without meds.  The only thing I am taking is bp meds which I may come off of as my blood pressure is now pretty low with them.

Good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.