Lipomas

Posted , 4 users are following.

I noticed a lump in my pelvic area about 5 months ago and since then more have been appearing I went for an ultrasound and got told that they are lipomas but more and more keep appearing in my abdomen. my belly just looks huge and goes so hard after the smallest amount of food does anyone know why these keep appearing? some are also painful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

Ultrasound is not enough to say "it's just a fatty tissue".

Don't give up until you find a doctor that will do additional testing (including maybe a biopsy ).

If they are so invasive, they cannot be dismissed and forgotten. Especially since they are causing you great discomfort.

Do you have any other symptoms or signs of inflammation? How's your digestion and bowl movements?

My husband has always had a few (medically confirmed) lipomas but only in his legs and on his back and they are very close to the surface of the skin. Doctors have offered to remove them, but we never seem to get around to doing that.

After almost 20 years of healthy eating I slipped up and started eating all sorts of things that are not good for me. I'm not just talking about the types of food, but the quality. It worsened my arthritis AND I got two lumps. one in my finger and the other just bellow my jaw. Not to mention weight gain and other "perks".

The ultra-sound of my finger has been done and the technician confirmed what that was NOT (a synovial cyst, because it wasn't linked to any joint), but he couldn't say what it actually was only by using ultra-sound.

After I got back to healthy eating, my finger lump completely disappeared and I can feel the the one bellow the jaw is getting smaller and smaller.

I have no idea if there was any correlation between my eating habits and this appearance/disappearance., but this is how it happened.

In case you wonder what I eat: I avoid processed foods, grains, pseudo-grains, soy, carbs that make your glucose levels spike, starch... For lunch today I had a bit of fish and green beans (that's the only kind of beans I eat). I'm not hungry before noon, so I start eating and lunch.

For a better digestion I use ginger and I also take a spoon or two of soaked chia seeds.

I have also recently started preparing and drinking water kefir. It's tasty and very good for the gut.

I hope you'll find a solution soon!

• Posted

they are quite deep in my abdomen and pelvic area but basically my while abdomen is full of them I'm feeling bloated all the time my bowels are changing from loose to constipated all the time too the doctor contacted me today and referred me to a surgeon about getting them removed they said they need to asess them so hopefully I will be able to get them out just so uncomfortable and making me look huge

• Posted

You need to ask your doctor to explain why the lipomas keep appearing. I'm surprised this was not explained to you. See your doctor again.

• Posted

I have lipomas in my arms. my father had the too when he was alive. he said his was painful. he found out that this was because they were on his nerves. Mine however are not. I guess it differs from person to person. Mine do not bother me, so I have no reason to get them removed but if yours are hurting you it's probably best to get them removed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.