Lipoprotein a (one of the cholesteral lipids)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have a horrible history of family members die'g at very young age from heart attacks.   It turns out that I and they have/had a high Lp(a) count.   My count is veryyy high and it's driving me crazy with anxiety.   Insurance companies will not pay for the test, I have to pay for it out of my own pocket.....   Does anyone else have this lipid ??   What are you doing for diet or other methods to reduce risk of heart attacks and strokes?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure what I said wrong in my reply that caused my response to George to be deleted.  In fact, I don't really recall what my reply was. 

But, since no one contacted me to tell me what my violation of the TOS was, I've decided to unsubscribe from your Cholesterol forum.

It's a shame because I have quite a bit of experience and knowledge of lipids, heart disease and nutrition.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.