Liquid pessary for vaginal dryness ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if there are any liquid pessaries available for vaginal dryness   Has anyone found anything other than the cream gel lubricants?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.....it’s not a liquid pessary but I would wholly recommend SYLK.  You can get it on prescription from your Dr if you ask or buy it in Boots or many chemists but it’s usually behind th counter.  You can get it online a litter cheaper I think....about £8 a bottle but it lasts ages.  It’s all natural from New Zealand or Australia but I think the former.  I had terrible problems a few years ago and everything I used burnt or itched and it was a vicious circle.  The SYLK is amazing.  It’s like a runny liquid in a tiny bottle and you can take it in your bag and apply any time.  I would really recommend it.  Annie.

• Posted

Thanks Annie, think thats been mentioned on a previous discussion so will definitely buy. I actually contacted Durex to see if they have or could produce a melting lubricant that could be inserted maybe half hour before sexual activity due to  menopause as I think this would be in huge demand for menopausal women but they referred me to production team with my idea and because I’m not an inventor I couldn’t pursue it , shame really as I think it’s a great idea as having to get yourself ready for sexual activity takes the fun out of it and can be very stressful. Thanks again x
    • Posted

Hi Tammi, I have vaginal atrophy and dryness, and I tried Replens but it didn't seem very good for me, but I now use Yes, it's available on prescription which I get as its very expensive to buy over the shelf, a months prescription is same price as buying a weeks.  They do a water based one, with individual small applicators you use once and throw away, very quick and easy to use.  I use one every morning for general dryness.  They also do oil based ones too for intimate moments.  If you go in line on their website, and phone them, they will send you a free trial products.  I really recommend them.  Yes is the only truly natural product with no glycerin or other bad things in.

• Posted

Key E passaries are made of natural oils and vit e. They are solid, so easy to insert, and gradually melt with body heat. I put one in before I go to bed so that it is in all night and in the morning when I use the toilet it tends to drip out. There is also Yes oil based lube (all natural organic ingredaients) in special vaginal applicators with long nossles which enable you to squirt the thick liquid oil high inside. Again, I use this before I go to bed so I get the benefit of it having been in there all night. There are also Balance Active Moisture Pessaries Plus made with almond oil and containing hyaluronic acid which encourages healing and moisturisation. These are solid and I did try them but found that they made me swell up too much inside (products containing hyaluronic acid do that to me).
    • Posted

As well as the Yes oil based lube in applicators (Yes OB), Yes also do their water based lube (Yes WB) in vaginal applicators (I can’t use water based lubes - they sting me). They also do a water based vaginal moisturiser - Yes VM - specifically designed for vaginal dryness, which is the same Ph, strength and concentration as the vaginal wall tissues. Yes products are very skin-kind and contain no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no Aspartame, no Parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium.
    • Posted

Hi Suki 

You always come through , thank you so much , you really do know your stuff. I’m really interested in the stuff you say can reach high when squirted inside , that sounds just what I’m looking for. I’m gonna go online see if this is available in the uk. Thanks again x

• Posted

Hi Tammi. Yes lubes are available in the U.K. I’m in the U.K. and it is. U.K. company. The Yes VM is available on the NHS. It is available from the Yes company website.
  • Posted

Hi again...I am glad my post may have helped you.  If you are in the UK and log onto the SYLK website they will send you a small free sample which is worth a try!  I never used the Durex lubes or any others as I was so dry and sore and then that made the burning worse....in the end the only thing that worked was the SYLK.  I think the Yes product people are mentioning is a very similar thing but I would always go water based if I can but that’s just me.  Also one of the main things is not to wash too much down there and just use water when you do.  That took me an age to get my head around as I didn’t feel clean but all the washing adds to the dryness and then you get sore and it burns.  Well good luck and I hope you get a free sample if you can to try it. Annie.
    • Posted

Hi Annie and thank you. Yes all the info you’re giving me is great and I will go online to see if I can get  the free sample, definitely worth finding out if it’s gonna help before buying full size. This is a great discussion group , all the women seem to know their stuff on here and makes you feel better to know you’re not alone. Thanks again x
  • Posted

Hi Tammi, phone up both Sylk and Yes and get samples from both, then you try them both to see how you get on before buying as they are not cheap.  But if I were you I would try to get from your GP on prescription as it'll work out cheaper, I have my Yes on repeat prescription now.  A months worth at a time.  Also Yes do a water based one too, as well as an oil based one. I prefer the water based one.  

Yes is all natural product, and the applicators are so small and discreet and so easy to insert.  They are throw away ones.

• Posted

Hi Linda and thank you. I will definitely contact my doctor regarding these products but will also try to get the free samples first see which one is best for me , sometimes it’s just trial and error but hopefully one of these products will help me. It’s great getting all these testimonials from people. Thanks again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.