Lis

Posted , 3 users are following.

l had surgery almost a year ago.

some progress and manageable but not 100%.

Have to eat lots of fibres keep everything soft.

i would consider Kenelog but not available in Canada.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Edited

Hi how are you now?

• Posted

same... 2 LIS later.

not 100% but doable.

maybe its scar tissue

• Edited

You had 2 LIS ? I had no fissure problem now but my LEFT LIS is still healing so it still hurts a little on the left side

• Posted

yes had a second lis a year after first one.

somewhat better but not 100%.

glad you are doing better.

• Posted

Why it didnt heal at first LIS?. How many weeks are you post op now?. 2 LIS is sad for me 😦

• Posted

it had improve somewhay 2 months after first lis then about one year in, it started again but no where near the pain prior to the lis. But still some inconvenience.

Went to surgeon for colonoscopy check everything out and he said fissure still but small.

So had second lis in March 6 month ago.

Still not 100% but tolerable.

Should do a follow-up with surgeon see how it's healing. Also thinking maybe get a second opinion.

• Posted

so sad. I had LIS a month ago right. But i am still seeing blood. Anyway how are you? did your fissure is still there? I think mine was the wound left from surgery

• Posted

best of luck with your healing.

staying positive.

it is manageable.

might get a second opinion later on.

• Posted

Stay positive. Take any small progress and time will heal.

I tell myself it could be worse.

• Posted

Yah thanks, 2 step forward 1 step backward. Its ok we are both healing. 😃

• Posted

I see, How long it takes to heal the surgery wounds? I am almost 6 weeks now and i feel the LIS cut in left side 😕 and pain in right side. So weird my fissure is in midline anterior

• Posted

the incision should heal faster than 6 weeks. Was it stitch or open?

im no surgeon but maybe get a follow up consultation.

• Posted

Yeah i havve in the next two weeks it felt weird the soreness comes from surgery not the fissure anymore. How is your pain?

• Posted

i had my LIS about 2 years ago . im right back where i started pain in exactly same spot. the surgeon wont do it again because of risk of incontinence . he more or less told me to live with it . im in northern canada

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.