LIS doesn't heal my fissure

Posted , 8 users are following.

I took a LIS surgery back in May and I've been through hell these past few months. I thought LIS finally healed my fissure but in my case I still experience sharp pain during bowel movements even if I've taken a lot of fibers and hydrated myself well. Recovery has been on and off all these time I feel like giving up, perhaps it just can't heal after all no matter what I do.

Any uplifting comments or suggestions?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

CRS might not have cut enough muscle. have you got it checked?

• Edited

Someone replied to you 3 months ago and you never replied? Go see another surgeon if your first one didn't fix your problem. There is nothing we can tell you on here.

• Edited

I am wondering how you are doing? Did you go back to tour surgeon?

do you still have pain after BM?

i had LIS surgery 7 days ago and worse than before.

I am hoping and praying you are on the mend. i know someone who took a year to get 95 percent.

• Edited

I really wish i could help but im pretty much in the sameboat except my surgery was on Sept 11 2020! i had a horrible painful recovery for months. There are very few days i dont have some pain.

has your Dr given you any meds to use?

• Edited

7 days ago, i had a LIS right side and a painful thrombosed twisted sentinel pile cut off and cauterized.i have severe throbbing pain after bms that feelsore like a fissure though that wasnt hurting me before the surgery. i called

my CRS who said he thought the pain was from openong and closong of the cauterized wound (pile). i had LIS 15 years ago and recovery was a few days. This time is much worse and I see no light at wnd of this tunnel. Henwont see me until my post op appointment in 2 weeks. i guess LIS can fail but havent heard much feom others posting. arenyou any better since your operation in Sept? what was bad about your recovery? Did your surgeon help?

• Posted

Hi how are you now ? its been months are you 100%?

• Posted

Everytime i went back for a checkup after surgery he wasnt concerned about the pain i was still having. He gave me medical grade honey to try, applying it to my rectal area. A medicine that they had to compound. And even a cream called calmoseptine. Its like diaper rash meds. They help for a little while but not to much

• Posted

I think we need to control how large and how soft our stools are for a while. This means eating just enough food to have a stool that doesn't put pressure on the area that's trying to heal. I think this is why the LIS hasn't worked for you completely. I'm sure you've had good days and bad days?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.