Lisinopril / Appendicitis scare?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having stopped taking Amlodipine in April '12 because of the side effects and switched to Lisinopril in July I am experiencing some of the old side effects returning ie.burning feeling in feet and lower legs, itching, restless during the night, frequent urination, and bouts of anxiety.

Now I read that these tablets appear to increase the chance of appendicitis by 36 to 63%.( Beth Deaconess Hosp. Boston,US)

During the period between April and July when I stopped taking any BP tablets these symtoms disappeared and I felt great!

Because I have been diagnosed with slight BP it makes me wonder whether to dump these Lisinopril as well?????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi bertie beagle,i to have just been prescribed lisinopril,because Scriptswitch said to local pharmacy they no longer make fossinopril,so i have to have alternative but they are just the same but they are a generic but do same job,trouble is they dont they are rubbish, whats the alternative i wish i new ,good luck :D
  • Posted

Hi kazgee,just read an article in todays Sun about a new pill called BergaMet which became available yesterday on the UK market.

It was designed to fight stomach flab but reading the article it also "opens up the arteries and increase blood flow" and was "found to lower artery clogging cholesterol by almost a third?"

It is stated that these pills have no side effects, unlike statins?

The pill/drug is made from a fruit called bergamot? Never heard of it myself but i'm about to try and find out more and approach my doc to see if it would help me and so get rid of these side effects.

Only snag (?) I can see is it costs £42 for a months supply.

• Posted

hi ,i to read same thing,i've been taking Betaine hcl,in my head all troubles start in stomach,after all the heart(pump),viens are just transport systems, its what goes in there and filtered though kidneys/liver been reading about (this is a gob full)ApolipoproteinA-1minmetic peptide new therapy for Arterosclerosis single dose of D-4F docs have been meeting in manchester uni either pill or injection it;ll probaly be ready in another five years after trials as usual smile
  • Posted

hi bertie beagle, been back to doctor i'm back on fossinopril 10mg they still cause some problems but no where near like lisinopril :D
  • Posted

hi bertie,forgot the other new one radio waves/vibrations on nerves that lead to kidneys it seems they send messages from kidneys and if not working cause high blood pressure ready in 5 :D
  • Posted

Amloipine is notorious for ankle swelling, finger clubbing an dtightness under the arms and sweatiness with any exertion Lisonopril is an ACE inhibitor - Note the sideds sometimes settle down after a couple of weeks on the dose. Try a reduced dose? Or try an alternate type of ACE control like Olmesarten - same affect on same enzyme using different mechanism.

there are hundreds of meds for Drs to use, partic for blood pressure, they all have side effects - you have to

find the one that affects YOU the least, hopefully not at all.

Best wishes

• Posted

Anyone had itchy red eyes on Ramipril or Lisonopril ? I discontinued Amolodipine due to side effects and then got Ramipril and had terrible red itchy eyes after a few days then started Irbesartan and same happened again ..... now the doc is going to try Lisonopril to see if it is all the ACE I am allergic to and I am afraid the same symptoms will occur but I guess I am forewarned now and will stop immediately they start. All these drugs controlled my mild hypertension well but this allergy has put a stop to them all. Any one had this ? I am having trouble finding anyone who had the eye problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.