Lisinopril cough, side effects - Lupin only?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on 10mg of lisinopril once daily now for many years. usually i have no problems with it, and it does what it is supposed to do. occasionally i get the lisinopril cough so bad i convulse with coughing fits.  i have noticed a trend. when the pill is manufactured anywhere other than india (lupin), i tolerate it without trouble.  when i take lupin made pill i cough.. and today started developing rash across my face and on my chest. never a problem with any other manufacturer.

my question is to anyone experiencing side effects from lisinopril.. are you on pills manufactured by Lupin Pharmaceuticals? 

if enough ppl are having problems because of this company perhaps something can be done? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve

My GP just started me on Lisinopril 2.5mgs (Lupin, Europe) because I thought Amlodepine was causing me to deteriorate (muscle pains, sleep problems). He will be increasing the dose so I'll let you know. So far I feel much better since stopping amlodepine and my BP is just within normal limits (but has gone up a bit).

• Posted

Hi davidg ,have you been taking any iron tablets maybe Lisinopril  somehow interferes with iron ,Oh &zinc, might help goood luck 

• Posted

God, that Amlodipine is freaking deadly stuff and couple that with a thyroid replacement and you think you are on a long painful trek to death. In my case the thyroid replacement wrongly prescribed caused  low grade hypertension. My advice to anyone if you were on any drug prior to being dx with high blood pressure check to see if that drug/drugs cause high BP. Recommend checking "class action sites" they are more honest than drug information sites!

• Posted

My pill is a salmon pink color pill and I don't see the name you refer to and our Rx come from CVS Pharmacy. My husband has had that darn cough since starting on Zestril and now lisinopril, but I have been fortunate not to have that side effect, but have suffered from a myriad of other treats that come from this drug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.