Lisinopril side effects.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My GP said I didn't need BP medication (152/88 but I was suffering from dizziness so my GP prescribed Lisinopril 2.5 mg tablets one daily. I took my first one in the morning but when I woke up the next day my blood pressure was lower 112/66 but I felt so faint and dizzy that I was scared to stand up I didn't take a second tablet. The same day (the second day) I also had blood in my urine! My blood pressure is now even higher (as high as 165/76 or more) My GP said when prescribing Lisinopril that he wanted me to undergo kidney tests in the new year which suggests that Lisinopril may have caused the blood in my urine! This happened over Christmas so I was unable to contact my GP. Has anyone else had bad side effects from Lisinopril? Is there a safer hypertension medication that Lisinopril? Thank you for any advice you are able to offer

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The only way to answer that question is see a doctor. People cannot tell you what drugs are better, because only doctors can prescribe medications and its harmful to buy alternative drugs online. You could try a health store for more options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.