Lisinopril Update

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's been about four months since quitting Lisinopril.

I am getting better.

But, still have mental mistakes.

Short term memory problems.

Still not the sharp person I was.

I know that the Doctors, Medical Establishment and "people in the know", know NOT to take this stuff.

I have elected not to take any synthetic, Dr. prescribed, pharmaceutical company products.

---

What I don't understand is how SOME people do NOT have to do not notice these effects.

I cannot see one human NOT having them.

HITCH

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you gotten better since quitting lisinopril? I started on bb and lisinopril in 2007 but in a few years noticed serious mental issues like slowness, short term memory. I'm a software developer and struggle performing my job. Thinking of quitting or bp meds and resorting some other options. Will it help from your experience and how long it might take to regain previous shape?
    • Posted

I was off any tablets for two weeks but my blood pressure was increasing (191/125) so I now got felodipine, 5 mg.  That is all I take.  Okay, I have to put up with head aches every day but gotten used to it.  At least I am clear of mind again and not excessively fatigued.  Actually, I wouldn't even be able to put a sentence like this together before when on lisinopril and chlopidogrel.  They caused me excessive fatigue and memory loss.  Once you ditch the lisinopril your memory should improve again within two weeks.
  • Posted

Unfortunately, the EU is banning all herbal medicines so the pharmaceutical companies are free to poison us.
  • Posted

Please read this i agree totally I first used these a year ago and they have ruined my life started getting depressed and feeling lonely i was irritable and had trouble remembering in my new job put it down to age i am 52 years old what i didn’t expect is my imagination and mental mistakes. Excessively fatigued i have a wonderful husband who i started getting angry with for no reason at all i thought he was ignoring me and loosing sexual interest with me i very nearly lost everything i had a friend told me it might be my medication depressing me so i stopped taking it and wow what a difference have been told that 1 in a 100 people are hyper sensitive to it i was the one thank god i relished in time this drug should be banned doctors are to quick to prescribe i have my family back but the damage is done please everybody when taking any medication watch for effects and then watch again, Sue Shaw
  • Posted

sue 30939

I have stopped taking lisinopril after many years, i am male 56, i hstarted to get serious breathing problems, doctor said lisinopril the problem, also for years i have been angry at people and especially my wife, now my anger has gone but my breathing is still a concern , hopefully after lisinopril gets completely out of my system i will feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.