Lisopril 10mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

I take this for BP and have just had the doseage raised.

Is anyone else on this and how are you getting on with It?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Meant to be Lisinopril i think
  • Posted

Hi,

I was put on atenolol to start with about 8 years ago. I then sufferred several bouts of labrynthitis which I did not associate with the medication. Since I was switched to lisinopril (10mg daily) 4 years ago, my bp averages 120/75, no longer have dizzy spells and feel really healthy generally. The only side effect I experienced with lisinopril is a slightly tickly throat first thing in the morning which disappears after a cup of tea. Hope you find the right drug that works for you without severe side effects.

best wishes

• Posted

Have been taking lisinopril for a week 10mg. Feel well on it but do experience a slight tickly cough after taking the tablet, not always, just occasionaly
  • Posted

Hello all sorry for not replying sooner.

Yes i do get the tickly cough but i think that is one of the symptoms and i have now got used to it.

If it becomes a pain and disruptive to your lifestyale you could change it, it has taken me a few months but i am now ok on it.

I am to go to the doctor today for Blood tests had some two weeks ago but there was a dip in the reading i think they are worried about the kidsneys so may have to up the dosage somewhat i am on 10mg too.

Apart from the cough everyything else is fine.

• Posted

Hello, I was recently put on linisporl 10mg. It lowers my BP into the 110/65 range, sometimes even lower. Is this normal? Also, are each of you taking it a night? Does is seem to last 24 hours as stated.

Thanks,

Dante

• Posted

I started on Lisinopril about 10 days ago..my 1st 2 days were terrible...dizziness, nausea, vomited, diaharria, chills, muscle weakness..then after day 4 it all seemed to settle down. 10 days out have occasional dry cough...occasionally...slight lightheadedness. BP had gone from 150ish/100ish to 120ish/73ish! I'm sticking with it...see doc in 2 weeks for blood work to verify kidney function.

• Posted

I just started on Lisinopril today and feeling crappy. Your post has given me hope. How's it going now? Still good?

• Posted

I've been on Lisiniprol HCTZ 10, 12.5 for about 6 months now, blood pressure averages top number between 110 and 120, bottom number around 78 to 80 - has worked extremely well for me.  I am not experiencing a cough nor a tickly throat.  This medicine has been a lifesaver for me.  My BP was around 140/90 to 150/90 on Amlodopine - didn't work whatsoever and caused major tinnitis and fast heartbeat, I could only take that around 2 months and switched to something that worked.  I feel very healthy on the Lisiniprol.  I hope the medicine has been working for you.  I believe it has been around the longest that is why you won't find forums saying how bad this is but if you look up Amlodopine I've noticed so many people with problems.

• Posted

I have just started with  Lisinopril so appreciate your review. Dr changed from Amlodipine and I am so delighted because I'm no longer suffering with all the problems associated with it. Thanks for sharing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.