List of foods to help with bones

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will put up some and others please add to the list.

1. Bone broth full of vegetables including leafy greens

2. Avocados

3. Skin of cucumber 

4. Jelly

5. Prunes

6. Yoghurt and cheese

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That a really good list to help stregthen bones. There so much on web sites eating the right foods is a simple to maintain good bone health.

thank you 👍

• Posted

Hi Kathleen - it is important to keep up the intake of vitamin D which helps with the absorbtion of calcium. Milk, eggs, cheese contain calcium. Also, wieght bearing exercises help strengthen bones. Lifting weights is ideal - they don't have to be heavy. Light weights with more reps will do the trick.

• Posted

Thanks Wayne. I take vitamin D3 every day and it is checked in my blood tests. Vitamin K2 is great as it aims the calcium onto the bones.

I also take magnesium but not every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.