List of Issues, unclear cause(s)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

I am a 26 year old male who has been in relatively good health for most of my life, normal weight with decent diet, non smoker and mild drinker. In the past 2 years, however, I have been having a rising list of issues that I am getting more and more concerned with that I cant get a reason for. Past doctor visits seem to ignore many things as momentary pain, even after I mention the length of time the issue has been around. At this stage I just want to list my various issues and see if someone knows a conditions likely to cause most of them:

• Since June 2016, every other stool will have undigested food and/or be very loose, and sometimes they are difficult to relieve (almost constipated).
  • Along with these bad stools, there is a rise in stomach cramps (once a week) that seems indistinct to the meals eaten. Never any blood, but occasionally mucus and easy-to-digest food remaining poorly digested.
  • A weird form of dizziness since February 2017, never disorientating but feels like when I start or stop moving the brain carries on moving in previous direct for a second (I call it locomotion dizziness).
  • Tenderness in left rib for months since August 2018, feeling of small lumps around ribs but uncertain if one bone or in-between. Mostly sore to touch under armpit or below left nipple, but recently quite mild radiating pain in general left rib. Checks by doctor don't seem to come up with anything.
  • General unexpected tiredness since 2017, quite mild and not debilitating but noticeable
  • More frequent spots and whiteheads.

A recent event has added new issues:

• Possible heart problems likely from throat virus from 7th August on into mid September (seen as mild arrhythmia and rapid beat changes when first checked by doctor but after 2 weeks heart scans show the heart and veins/arteries are fine, and rhythm is normal).
  • After heart issue I notice my heartbeats, they aren't irregular just easier to feel.
  • A feeling like a lump (but no physically detectable one) in left lower throat which also makes pulse in the area feel worse.
  • Threefold increase in burping, 1/5 accompanied by mild food regurgitation. Also possibly more flatulent but not clear.
  • Persistent cough since early October, started as full cold with blocked nose, but not just persistent mucus cough
  • Very occasional burning urination (last 15 min after peeing) with strong sweet smell (happens once every 2 weeks)

I have had 3 Bloods done over 2018 and 1 battery of allergies checked, no signs of allergies or oddities besides high Bilirubin (apparently quite normal) and low T lymphocyte count in test following heart issue.

I have no idea if I am just unluckily running into 10 different issues all at once (despite years of no health concerns), but I am getting more aggravated by the day. It doesn't help that our local GP treats everyone with something other than a cold as a hypochondriac. Any details would be welcome, either from medical professionals or people who have the majority of my symptoms and has been diagnosed.

Apologies for the screenplay, and thank you for your time

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sorry your going through all this but sounds very much like me, ive had so many issues but started as left sided chest pain radiating down arm, on admission to hospital my heart blood tests were abnormal (troponin) so straight up they told me id had a heart attack i was in pieces im only 33 how could i, i had a breakdown i was terrified i had a cardio angiogram a echocardigram and a mri which showed my heart was fine so no heart attack, but im left to deal with the terror id been through fast forward a few months i still have the pain and i still ferl unwell so they send me for an endoscopy which showed i have a hiatel hernia where a bit of the stomach comes into the chest it was causing an array of problems and interfering with my heart beat etc and causing the chest pain i would have never have known, so please insist on a endoscopy to see you have any gastro problems that cancause so many strange symptoms sorry i cant be more help but sending my thoughts to you beleive me your not alone x

• Posted

If you are having burning when you pee, you could have a urine or kidney infection. But the fact it smells sweet makes me think you could be diabetic or pre diabetic. Have you had a urine test? Also did they give you a kidney function test?

Have you been offered anything for acid reflux because it definitely sounds like that could help with a couple of your symptoms.

If you want the doctor to take you more seriously, don't list every ailment you have in great detail. Leave off things like spots, tiredness and how you can feel your heartbeat then wait for them to ask you questions in more detail. They won't be able to take all of everything you say in if you bombard them with a long list and they may not hear something you say that is relevant. Approach them with one symptom at a time then let them respond.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.