lithium and hair loss

Posted , 1 user is following.

does anyone know how common hair loss is in lithium taking is its just my doctor has asked me to think about going on lithium but my main concern is I am getting married soon and cant be going bald :-)

any help would be appreciated

thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know that it is a while since this post was made. I have been taking lithium for nearly fifteen years and have never suffered hair loss - the opposite infact. My hair is thick as ever.
  • Posted

Hi Thanks for the reply did u ever get aggressive and change into a different person as i was on it for a month and i had to get taken off it as i had went all jekyll and hyde on everyone lol.

Thanks

• Posted

No never. I am on lithium for severe recurrent depression and it has been a lifesaver.
  • Posted

Hi i was put on it to stabilise my moods and i started becoming aggressive and severly suicidal so my doctor had to take me off it but i thot it was working lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.