Lithium replaced by Limotrogine...Help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all! Over the years I've taken Lithium, Quetiapen, Gabapentin and various anti-depressants alondside them. Having stopped Lithium after 13 years, my GP has replaced it with Limotrogine and (my usual anti) Sertraline. Not sure its doing its job at all... Please, anyone reading this, advise, ever known anyone else to take Limotrogine as a stabiliser?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I went through a lot of meds before finding one that worked for me, and it is Lamotrigine.

As with any med, it takes a while to titrate up to the dosage that works. For me it is 300 mg/day. I've been taking it for more than 5 years now with no bad side effects

I hope it works out the same for you

• Posted

yes! in my 5th stint in a 20,000 a week private clinic, my psych forced me to take it. omg so ill! vomiting, bed ridden, felt poisoned., refused it! went on epilim, also a mood stabilizer/ used for epilepsy too. it was ok no side effects but ended up not using it long term. i stick to 150mg venlefaxine, best anti d for bipolar/ borderline., and some people take a benzo like valium or temazapam i did for years loved those waay too much! now banned from benzos and in australia they will not presribe them these days 😦( but im managing on venlefaxine..

good luck, cat

• Posted

I wish I could help you but I am no authority on meds having been only on Seroquel since the beginning. But I do wish you success in working this out and getting some clarity about the situation. I'm sure you will land on your feet after going through this period of confusion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.