Lithotripsy

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI

I had a lithotripsy procedure today for my kidney stones, **

** post procedure ive not had any bleeding , pain or passed any stones is this normal does this mean it hasnt worked ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am glad you are feeling ok after your litho. Many people have no complaints after their procedures. Both you and I seem to fit in that catagory. It is not uncommon to not have any bleeding, pain..etc. I have been told it could take a few days to see if the crushed stone passes. I have had 6 lithos and that in my book is to many. Im sure you will know more about your own case with your follow up appointment. Don't get discouraged if it didn't work the first time. It might take a second session. Stay hydrated and get lots of rest. Please let all of us stoners know how you are doing.

• Posted

If it got broken up and powdery,,, i imagine it will not look "stone-like" in your urine. Do you notice any difference? Had you been in pain before the procedure? And now? Did your doctor say anything about what he observed with ultrasound or X-Ray after the procedure? Were you given any instructions for post-surgery?

• Posted

hi caroline

I think what you are experienceing is fairly normal i had it done on sept 11th and am still having pain and as of two weeks ago was still having some blood but only found when they tested the urine. So as i talked to the uro he said that typically there is no pain andthe stones become like a very fine powder so you dont see them always. the stone they crushed was 7mm and so I did get some pieces but they were really small and caused no pain as they passed. the pain that remains is in my side and doc said I probably developed a hematoma on that side so we are watching that. From what I have been told typically there is no real problem after. hope that helps

• Posted

whats a hematoma?

i had my right kidney laser 13 stones and stent put in 2 weeks ago then 4 days ago had it removed! but all of a sudden im in heaps of pain on my right side its worse then stones no bloid in urine, am thinking i shoukdnt have gone shopping ive been so good till today apart from tied from anistetic .. ill call him tomorrow

woukdnt think id get pain after 4 days

• Posted

a heamtoma is basically a bad bruise in the deep tissue. it fills with blood like a blood blister and can be problematic. I am finally back to what was normal before the lithotripsy ,however, as we were trying to figure out what was going on we did more ultrasounds and now they say i have SEVERAL stones in BOTH kidneys. 😦 i have no idea how this situation is better than before but since they are small stones now i guess they figure they will pass on their own. its lemon and limeade for me for the foreseeable future. hope you pain goes away. Btw, mine was soundwave lithotripsy so I don't think the risk of hematoma would be there with the laser. Def talk to doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.