Lithotripsy and Ureter Stone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I am new here and want some information about my stone.

I was in upper portion of Ureter and was 26mm in size. I took some herbal medicine and it remains 17mm and then herbal treatment stopped working... Then I started lithotripsy. Today I think I faced 35 sessions and pass many small pieces of stones and now at the end of Ureter and stuck in size of 11mm. I feeling too much pain while urinating and after urinating. My doctor says there are all pieces and he confirmed it by taking xray... other hand my ultrasound doctor says it is in size 11mm and single stone. Lithotripsy doctor also said t is not solid and only cover of stone...

I can urinate well but feeling pained and pain remain after sometime...my next visit on Sunday but I am sad and and worry about this plz help me..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry for all ur going through! I've never had a stone that large. My largest was around 18mm I believe. I've passed lots and lots of stones. For one large 8mm, I took hydrangea root and marshmallow root capsules and it broke into three passable pieces within 6 weeks. I've never had as much lithrotripsy as u hav had though. Right now, I hav two fragments left of a stone that they busted. I was recently in hospital with a stone that was stuck and got sepsis. Had to stay 5 days with iv antibiotics and also come home with an iv pump with continuous antibiotics for two weeks. All bc of a stuck stone. They can b very mean. I trust ur problems with the stone and ur pain gets resolved soon. 🙏

• Posted

Hello Azmizryk

So sorry to hear what you are going through.  One Dr tells you that the stone is in pieces, and another Dr tells you that it is solid. Sounds like you may need to have a New CT Scan to get another look at where the stone or stones are.  Did the Dr give you anything to help with the passing of the stones from the lithotripsy  and medication for pain??  Try to get an appointment to see the Dr sooner if you can.

Try to get some pain medication and also, try a heating pad on warm setting.

Wish you the Best  Keep us updated  Take Care

If you are having bad pain, please contact your Dr again and let them know.

• Posted

Today is 2nd day after last session. My day time go well and I was on job which is 28km one sided distance from my home. But in the evening I face problem again while urinating and pass some pus and now feel better. Dr give me Alfa Max capsule and Danzen DS tablets with Citro Soda liquid...for pain he suggest me Voren tablet but I always avoid to take pain killer. I will visit today. But can you tell me that total number of sessions are normal and there is no issue with them?
  • Posted

My stone is 27mm. urologist said it was far too big to either pass or blast so he referred me to a consultant urologist in Bristol who I am seeing on Friday with a view to removing the stone by keyhole surgery.

Hope things go OK with you. Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

This is good option for too large stone...I think I select wrong one and now waiting for removal... Urteroscopy also better option.

Best of luck for treatment.

• Posted

I know its painfull as ive had my stone stuck for 10 months now but dont worry the pain is very uncomfortable but very common, if its hurting in your lower abdominal and back on one side when you pee this is renal cholic and does ease a little over time and taking pain meds helps, im in the UK and take Buscopan for the cholic and Tamsulosin which relaxes the urether tube to allow the stone to pass easier, you can also take paracetamol for general pain aswell, as you said you have passed lots of little stones you should ask for a calcium blood test to see if your body is prone to making them and there for treat you acordingly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.