Lithotripsy- worse each day

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I had lithotripsy on Monday at 2:30pm and it went really well. I had one 8mm stone that they broke up and I woke up without much pain, came home in a good mood and couldnt help but be relieved at how much easier it was than my January ureteroscopy.  My first time using the bathroom after surgery there was a LOT of red blood. But everytime after that has been really good. There has been some orangeish/brown tint to my urine since, but very minimal, so that seems to be going good as well. However, my pain had gone from about a 3 monday afternoon to about a 6-7 here wednesday morning. There is more blood in my urine this morning than any other time so far, but i also slept 6 hours straight and didnt wake up 10 times like the first night. Does it seem normal that my pain is increasing? The dr had to use the highest setting on the lithotripter to get the stone to break and said my urine would be a bit more gravely than sandy, and it has been. But ive peed a considerable amount of stone remnant out a couple of decent size chunks. Im hoping nothing has gotten stuck in transit. Sorry I know Im rambling. Any similar expierences or advice are appreciated! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi James. I’m glad your procedure went well but sorry to hear of the worsening pain. Maybe you are having a bit of inflammation from the work which broke up the stones? Are you taking any anti inflammatory meds or pain relief? I have only had the uteroscopy procedure with lasering and I needed some diclofenac sodium after; as it started up my pains again afterwards.  Maybe go back to your doctor and ask what they advise? 

Hope you feel better soon. 

Angie. 

• Posted

Are you drinking lots of water? Make sure you are to lower the possibility of anything getting stuck. Drink it constantly. Might be time to check with your doctor. Do you have pain medication?
    • Posted

Thanks. I am drinkingt lots of water, over 192oz a day. I have a 64oz yeti that I am making sure to fill and drink all of each day, plus I am still having random cups of water mixed in too. I do have percocet and have been using it. It does help but I had hoped to take it sparingly and instead find myself counting down the minutes to the next one....as i was writing this i just got up to pee and passed a 3-4mm chunk. Really hoping this is the source of all my discomfort today. Thanks again for all the help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.