Little help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, Im dealing with depresion and anxiety for two years now. Have a really poor memory and constant headache. I managed myself to start a new job after almost two years without working. I think my biggest problem now is imsomnia, if I could get a good night sleep I think will be able to improve a lot. Tried medication, dint work, acupuncture, change in diet nothing seams to help. I know ithere is no magical cure for it, but anyone have experience improving sleep habits and feeling better after? Dr. Put me on effexor but no changes either..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Part of living is work that can make us tired and helps us sleep

If you have poor memory with a constant headache and your GP has tried different medications and nothing works you need to ask yourself what are the reasons for your negativity and work on that.

You could try relaxation techniques and sometimes that may help you. 

Sleep paterns need to be regular and roughly follow regular times in the Evening and it also helps to get out of bed at the same times every day

It is strange when we get older and retire our sleep paterns become more regular even though we go to bed the same time and rise earlier and the same time in the morning every day. If I could work out why I suppose I would bottle it and make a good living, however in your situation I would advise you to go back to your GP and see if He can suggest another way forward like a sleep clinic

BOB

• Posted

Hi casiodss,

Did your Dr try mirtizipane it worked wonders for me. I didn't sleep for 4 weeks. My psychiatrist upped my dose to 45mg it helped.

Best wishes

• Posted

Effexor takes about a month before you see a difference in MOST cases. I am on effexor as well and it helps my depression but not my anxiety. I requrire a benzodiazapine along with that effexor for MY symptoms. They will after long time use actually cause some memory loss, so may not be good for you. Just a suggestion.

How long ago did you start taking it? If it's been a month or longer have a talk with your gp/pcp. Or whoever has you on it.

Sorry you're having a hard time.

• Posted

They'll tell you whether its anxiety or just insomnia by your symptoms. Sorry for replying 2x but I'm having a hard time getting my thoughts out rn. I'm going through it as well waiting for my psychology appointment. Other health issues as well. 😀

• Posted

Try camomile tea, have a nice bath then take your meds. My pysc told me mine is down to anxiety and brain not switching off. You will eventually sleep, your meds need changing.
  • Posted

Hi

I take magnisium and it helps me to sleep.  i take Kal magnisium glycinate, the glycinate does cause much problem with loose stools, you may want to start on 200mgs to see if it causes loosness.  I usually take it about an hour before I want to go to sleep.  it helps to relax you and your muscles so theres less tension.  You could aslo try over the counter things like z quill or even benadryl, also melatonin I hear does wonders also.  I hope you get some sleep.

• Posted

Try mindful meditation. There are a lot of guided meditations on YouTube that have worked for me. It's all down to switching your mind off which really helps. Also some exercise would help if you don't do it already, just to tire your mind and body out.

• Posted

Thanks, I will try the magnesium and see, I have tried cbt and the online meditations and nothing so far. Yesterday sleeped a little better. Almost 5 hours in a row. Lets see today...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.